• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Could this be a brick summer of sport?

7percent

Pascal Chimbonda
A bit of a knee-jerk this but there seems to be enough going down to potentially disrupt or ruin the summer's sporting schedule..

Euro 2016

Industrial action leading to strikes and a shortage of petrol, if not resolved, could escalate and cause disruption to fans attending the tournament.

Very real threat of terrorism from Daesh and apparently the 'German spy chief' is warning that they're planning an attack. Last year's attacks in Paris were ruthless and very well organised and if anything even remotely similar happened during the tournament it could derail the whole thing.

Olympics 2016

After a cycle path that was built in part for the games collapsed last month (killing two) questions need to be asked. I haven't actually googled whether the stadiums and venues are actually on course, but I can imagine problems arising.

The sailing will be done in a high percentage of sewage.

In the news today apparently scientists are suggesting cancelling the games due to the zika virus.

Wimbledon 2016

Andy Murray might win the thing.

Am I over-reacting? Is everything going to go off without a hitch? will any of the football actually be entertaining?

Good thing about the Olympics is that it will mostly be on in the afternoon/evening. Bad thing about it is Brazil. We'll be lucky if nobody dies by the look of things.

living where I am, I could watch 16 hours of continuous footie, euro 2016 followed by copa america

Is going to be great for me, am off to France for a week with a buddy to watch the Tour De France, we are camping out on the alps, hope to be near the Norwegians because those guys look like they are having all the fun. Always wanted to do this watch an alpine stage, you will see me running alongside Froome wearing a mankini.

Then off to Doha in October booked the tickets this week for the world road championship in October, before going to London for the 6 day racing at the velodrome on th 29th of october my birthday and Wiggins last ever track appearance.

Football can still go fcuk itself in the arse.

Keep promising my son I will take him to Wimbledon but we never get tickets in the draw in the autumn so I might have to pay full price of those online sites.

Back