• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Cost of Petrol

markysimmo

Johnny nice-tits
Can't believe how much this has creeped up lately again

Put £30 in this morning and it's given us a whole 120 miles

How many litres did 30 quid get you? 120 miles doesn't sound like great economy, what are you driving these days?

Is it or is it just the fuel companies taking the tinkle
Not nearly as much as the government is. 115% markup on the fuel cost when you include VAT.

The really insulting bit is that they tax money that's already been taxed with the duty, them they tax that again with the VAT.

How many litres did 30 quid get you? 120 miles doesn't sound like great economy, what are you driving these days?
I work that out as about 28mpg, possibly more if filled up at a premium motorway station.

That's a fairly impressive real world mpg - I'd be happy with that on a motorway run.

Is it or is it just the fuel companies taking the tinkle

who cares if the price is going up, make money that is the only thing that really matters.

Suspect your right about the oil companies but I am now of the opinion that the most important thing is investments and how to make sure mine keep going up, could care less about the wider economy.

Back