• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

As a mortality rate estimate it’s probably too high. They reckon the true number of cases is probably between 50,000 - 100,000 due to most people having very mild symptoms, according to Sky News a few minutes ago.

Whatever the exact figures, the media clamour is undoubtedly over the top. For the vast majority of people, contracting this virus will mean a sore throat and a headache.

Ok fair enough, I was referring to the mortality rate among confirmed cases, which I believe is around 3% in Italy. I didn't realise estimates of actual infection were that high, but it's actually reassuring in terms of it's impact on the overall death rate.

Am booked to go to Euro Disney with the Mrs and kids end April
The kids don't know yet as it's a surprise but we would be so so gutted if we couldn't go

Am booked to go to Euro Disney with the Mrs and kids end April
The kids don't know yet as it's a surprise but we would be so so gutted if we couldn't go

Feel your pain I’m in the same boat. , supposed to go to Turin in June as my boy has been offered the chance to play in the Juventus academy World Cup. He’s buzzing ,will be a choker if it’s called off.Its a once in a lifetime trip quite possibly.

Hopefully a storm in a tea cup and all settles down in the better weather.

just seen that. Is it because of the Coronavirus?

I did read fan groups had called on studio to delay due to the virus. Quite surprised they moved it to November . Could be in same place if it dies off in summer and re surfaces in winter like a few Scientists have predicted.

One confirmed case at HSBC in Canary Wharf today apparently. Floor was evacuated for deep clean but not the whole building.
Rumour now is that that person was in our building earlier in the week and we might be going on mandatory work from home.
I’m tempted to stay at home now anyway as I don’t want anything getting in the way of going on holiday next week.

Isn't the advice not to go to your doctors (so you cant spread it)? How do you get signed off? Is this the perfect fake sick note?

I might be misremembering here, but I'm sure I recall hearing of a few somewhat dubious, self-declared cases of 'swine flu' back in '09...

Last edited:
I did read fan groups had called on studio to delay due to the virus. Quite surprised they moved it to November . Could be in same place if it dies off in summer and re surfaces in winter like a few Scientists have predicted.

How come it dies off in warmer weather?

How come it dies off in warmer weather?
Not so much dies off , and please don’t hold me to this. Few things I’ve read and heard they hope that in the warmer weather it’s less contagious . Much like normal respiratory viruses that have been around forever. Like Cold/Flu season is Winter months.

Again it may not be the case. But that’s the hopes

Last edited:
Not so much dies off , and please don’t hold me to this. Few things I’ve read and heard they hope that in the warmer weather it’s less contagious . Much like normal respiratory viruses that have been around forever. Like Cold/Flu season is Winter months.

Again it may not be the case. But that’s the hopes
Hasn't that theory been debunked because it has already spread a lot in warm countries? Albeit ones with lesser hygeine standards

Hasn't that theory been debunked because it has already spread a lot in warm countries? Albeit ones with lesser hygeine standards

Like I said was only what I had read , SteveAwol post does say they don’t know if I t will fall off.
Massive unknowns . Will just have to wait and see and hope we all swerve getting it.

Like I said was only what I had read , SteveAwol post does say they don’t know if I t will fall off.
Massive unknowns . Will just have to wait and see and hope we all swerve getting it.
Yeah definitely.
I think that is why some of the hysteria is justified, because it is unknown and it's better to preempt than be reactive.

I've been WFH all this week and next for business reasons (not CV19) so pretty low risk.
But I wonder if some prep would be a smart idea.
The numbers are so low it feels like it's being overblown. That said, significant authorities are taking it seriously, so I guess I should be too.
It feels medium risk, low likelihood.

Might get some cheap holiday deals soon though!

Yeah definitely.
I think that is why some of the hysteria is justified, because it is unknown and it's better to preempt than be reactive.

I've been WFH all this week and next for business reasons (not CV19) so pretty low risk.
But I wonder if some prep would be a smart idea.
The numbers are so low it feels like it's being overblown. That said, significant authorities are taking it seriously, so I guess I should be too.
It feels medium risk, low likelihood.

Might get some cheap holiday deals soon though!

Yes numbers are low at moment and fingers crossed they stay so.

I know an ITC Nurse I asked is the NHS ready for this sort of outbreak , She said they are calm but knows there’s not enough ITC beds or Nurses if the numbers are high.

That I imagine is why they are taking it seriously

Yes numbers are low at moment and fingers crossed they stay so.

I know an ITC Nurse I asked is the NHS ready for this sort of outbreak , She said they are calm but knows there’s not enough ITC beds or Nurses if the numbers are high.

That I imagine is why they are taking it seriously
Thats why the Govt are in the delay phase.

Back