• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Confessions

Daisuk

Les Medley
I was thinking after the Chelski-game in the weekend, "it's ridiculous how little I really know about football, considering I've played it and watched it for so many years". During half time in the Chelski-game everyone was talking about how it was wrong to use Son as a left back, and I was thinking - "did he play left back? damn, didn't notice". I honestly don't usually notice stuff like this, and it's quite embarassing! I was pretty drunk and caught up in the emotions of the game against Chelski, mind, but what formation we play and who plays exactly where on the pitch these days aren't something I'm really up to scratch on at all times (like - how we played in the second half against Palace - I'm not really sure, Sissoko was out right, who was our defensive mid? no clue! Dier? haha). I mean, I basically know how we like to play, the basic formation, who playes where (roughly), but exactly who slots in where if so and so, and how we change formations during matches - I got no clue, I don't notice it.

I just wanted to confess that. :p

Oh, and while we're at it, a few other things that I'm embarrased that I, at 32, don't know how to do:

- I still don't have a driver's license so can't legally drive a car!
- I don't know jack brick about cars
- I don't know how to dive (into water, that is)
- I couldn't "fix" anything in the house to save my life (bar a few minor things)
- I'm brick at fighting

Now it's out there. Phew.

:D :p

I was thinking after the Chelski-game in the weekend, "it's ridiculous how little I really know about football, considering I've played it and watched it for so many years". During half time in the Chelski-game everyone was talking about how it was wrong to use Son as a left back, and I was thinking - "did he play left back? damn, didn't notice". I honestly don't usually notice stuff like this, and it's quite embarassing! I was pretty drunk and caught up in the emotions of the game against Chelski, mind, but what formation we play and who plays exactly where on the pitch these days aren't something I'm really up to scratch on at all times (like - how we played in the second half against Palace - I'm not really sure, Sissoko was out right, who was our defensive mid? no clue! Dier? haha). I mean, I basically know how we like to play, the basic formation, who playes where (roughly), but exactly who slots in where if so and so, and how we change formations during matches - I got no clue, I don't notice it.

Oh, and while we're at it, a few other things that I'm embarrased that I, at 32, don't know how to do:

- I couldn't "fix" anything in the house to save my life (bar a few minor things)
- I'm brick at fighting

You are not alone, apart from the driving, this could be me.

If you want to get the football sorted and have computer, have a go at Football Manager, it's a bit of fun and will give you an insight into some of the game!
WARNING! very addictive!

Your about the same age as my Son he did a plumbing night school coarse which he enjoyed!
He is an accountant and did to save money of course, he has a few flats and hates paying plumbers in particular?

Last edited:
If you want to get the football sorted and have computer, have a go at Football Manager, it's a bit of fun and will give you an insight into some of the game!
WARNING! very addictive!

Your about the same age as my Son he did a plumbing night school coarse which he enjoyed!
He is an accountant and did to save money of course, he has a few flats and hates paying plumbers in particular?

I was obsessed with it back in the 90's, but hit a wall sometime in the early 2000's, and have tried it a few times since, but I just find it very tedious and boring now. Can't be arsed! :p It's all changed a lot since my hayday where it was 4-4-2 attacking with wingers going on angled runs towards the goal and defensive mids going criss cross offensive/defensive (and wing backs on the run) was the hottest brick. I've always played a high pressing game on PES though! I did that way before it got normal to do that in real football, haha, due to it being so effective in the game. I'm not saying I don't know brick about football, but I just don't notice how we shift the game plan during a match, for instance, I just don't look for it and see how exactly we do it.

I've also been pondering night school, going to some carpentry classes or something. It really bothers me that I can't build brick. Some basic plumbing I've actually done myself! Not very advanced, mind, but I managed to stop leaks and get the right parts in and replaced them and so forth a few times. Obviously not very good at that either though, hah.

Being sh1t at fighting isn't a bad thing. The few people I know who are/were good at it had a lot of sh1tty things happen to them in their life, which led to them having lots of fights and getting good at fighting.

I don't know how you don't see the formation changes though haha :)

Being sh1t at fighting isn't a bad thing. The few people I know who are/were good at it had a lot of sh1tty things happen to them in their life, which led to them having lots of fights and getting good at fighting.

I don't know how you don't see the formation changes though haha :)

Haha, i know! It's quite weird. I think I don't actively look for it, I'm not trying to see how we set up. I notice how we play obviously, if we're clicking or what isn't working, but exactly who is told to run where on the pitch I just don't consciously notice it. I think I'm too emotionally caught up in the game to notice. But of course I know how we usually set up and who plays where, which is probably why I don't notice if we change anything during a match. I just expect Kane to play up front, for instance. :p

I was obsessed with it back in the 90's, but hit a wall sometime in the early 2000's, and have tried it a few times since, but I just find it very tedious and boring now. Can't be arsed! :p It's all changed a lot since my hayday where it was 4-4-2 attacking with wingers going on angled runs towards the goal and defensive mids going criss cross offensive/defensive (and wing backs on the run) was the hottest brick. I've always played a high pressing game on PES though! I did that way before it got normal to do that in real football, haha, due to it being so effective in the game. I'm not saying I don't know brick about football, but I just don't notice how we shift the game plan during a match, for instance, I just don't look for it and see how exactly we do it.

I've also been pondering night school, going to some carpentry classes or something. It really bothers me that I can't build brick. Some basic plumbing I've actually done myself! Not very advanced, mind, but I managed to stop leaks and get the right parts in and replaced them and so forth a few times. Obviously not very good at that either though, hah.
you can get the 2002/03 football manager for free with all modern players and stats - anything after this is crap.

- I'm brick at fighting

ARE WE THE SAME PERSON??

The biggest "shift" as you put it is watch if Dier moves into midfield on an increased basis = from 3 to 2 at the back.
Son's move at the weekend was very obvious, maybe less alcohol may help ;)

You done the plumbing thing and the FM thing, carpentry is a wonderful skill and a dying "art".

- I'm brick at fighting

Based on all that I can only say that there is nothing wrong with you. You're just a girl, and girls don't know stuff like that.

WARNING! very addictive!

?

Christ mate do not give him any ideas about that, all we need is another armchair supporter who thinks they understand the game better after playing kids games on a abacus. ;)

Christ mate do not give him any ideas about that, all we need is another armchair supporter who thinks they understand the game better after playing kids games on a abacus. ;)

I did think of that as I typed it. :oops:

It whiles away many an hour for me, but I understand very little about the real game as human nature is still a bitch to mimic.

Buy some planks and build yourself a small table or something. The result isn't important, and you'll learn a few things along the way.

Here's my confession:

- I can't do laundry

Here's a tip if you don't want to be asked to change the bedsheets ever again: use six different types of covers in various color and pattern. Basically make your bed look like a clown.

I cant look ugly people in the eye. Seen a doctor recently who had an unusually large head and massive forehead.

Being a doctor is an amazing and important job and i could not maintain eye contact with him. I probably just thought i was socially akward, maybe i am.

It is difficult but if someone has a mole or something on their face i stare at it, then i try and stare anywhere but at it and i know they know i am trying not to look at it. It makes me feel i have missed out but i dont make friends with ugly people.

Also had a 5some in hamburg 10 years ago.

Do you keep in touch with the other 4 chaps?

No real need to if you can't drive one. I can drive one and I don't know brick about them either. It's all computerised these days anyway.

I cant look ugly people in the eye. Seen a doctor recently who had an unusually large head and massive forehead.

Being a doctor is an amazing and important job and i could not maintain eye contact with him. I probably just thought i was socially akward, maybe i am.

It is difficult but if someone has a mole or something on their face i stare at it, then i try and stare anywhere but at it and i know they know i am trying not to look at it. It makes me feel i have missed out but i dont make friends with ugly people.

I sometimes wonder if you're a real person or just the most depraved reaches of @scaramanga 's mind having a bit of fun.

I sometimes wonder if you're a real person or just the most depraved reaches of @scaramanga 's mind having a bit of fun.

I sometimes wonder if when I was a cabbie in Chichester if I ever gave him a lift from the station to his house, the was this one guy dressed in a £100 suit from next who got me to stop off at the offie on the way home and got a few cans of diamond white, he told me he was a big player in the city, did not say which city. When we got to his home he paid me in coins and did not offer a tip. Got out the cab with his leather bag and I am sure I saw a copy of the Guardian sticking out the top of it. Think it was him to be honest.

Back