1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice

Clinton Njie

Discussion in 'Classic Threads' started by P.D., 15 Aug 2015.

1. indianspur

indianspur Guest

2. Spursman

Spursman Neil Ruddock

It was lost a bit in translation. He simply meant in terms of style of play. He doesn't compare either player to Henry or Townsend. Simply style of play.

Kane similar to Shearer (obviously not as good)
    Bale similar to Townsend (T not as good)

He said at the moment Martial is better than Njie

3. LCLC

LCLC Richard Gough

To people asking if anyone has watched him before - yes I have randomly.

I noticed him because i was having a discussion along the lines of ' take this guy, he aint great but at least his directness would make him more of a threat to defenders than Soldado.' From memory he didn't look very accomplished and looked super raw.

Maybe he will come good but to me this looks like a Dier/Wimmer type signing. Potential to come in and grab a shirt but also he might take a while or never be up to this standard ..... For 10m its a pretty big amount for a risk but lets support him and not get on his back when his inevitable flaws show up early on.

4. Jordinho

Jordinho John White Staff Member

This wouldn't have happened if Levy had paid for a private jet instead of making him fly El Cheapo Airlines.

5. Mumorn

Mumorn Vic Buckingham

Has he got a work permit yet?

6. Rorschach

Rorschach Willie Hall

I'm thinking this too. A 'one for the future' type signing who will be used off the bench for a while, especially if we tie up the Berahino deal.

7. billyiddo

billyiddo Jimmy Cantrell Staff Member

Yeah that's how I have understood the deal from the beginning tbh - attacking players who develop and perform consistently over a season or two will more often than not be the target of clubs higher than us in the pecking order, so I see this as a 'get him in before he becomes out of our reach' type scenario - we can give him plenty of game time to develop here as he looks to be able to cover three positions and with his supposed pace will be an option when we need to change things up

DublinSpur likes this.
  8. superspurs

superspurs Sergei Rebrov

Seems today was his first training session, could mean he's cleared... and likely that he won't be involved on Saturday.

9. K.D.D.D.D.Soc

K.D.D.D.D.Soc Vedran Corluka

He's rubbish, cheap Levy buy. I hate him and all his family. Am I the first to offer this opinion?

10. thfcsteff

thfcsteff Chris Jones Staff Member

Bench for sure! 15 min appearance!

11. milo

milo Teddy Sheringham Staff Member

Would you like us to move this post to classics, so that you can claim that you were right all along when we sell him to Boro for £12m in a years time?

Gazzasrightboot likes this.
  12. K.D.D.D.D.Soc

K.D.D.D.D.Soc Vedran Corluka

No I'm not saying I'm right, just thought I'd offer a bias opinion based on no rational thought, doesn't stop plenty of others hating spurs employees.

Lost Mango, milo and Gazzasrightboot like this.
  13. Denmark Spur

Denmark Spur Mitchell Thomas

Pochettino gave his press conference on Thursday lunchtime, after watching Njie’s first training session as a Tottenham player. The Cameroon international signed from Lyon last week for £10m but was back in Paris on Tuesday and Wednesday of this week to resolve a work permit issue which was only finalised on Thursday.

“It was his first day, so we need to assess him today and Friday,” Pochettino said. “We have to wait and see on Friday if he can be in the squad for the Leicester game on Saturday.”

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...seek-to-give-harry-kane-support-10464463.html

14. Roy1983

Roy1983 Edward Sheringham

I don't think anyone truly HATES any of our players (Maybe Ade) just hate the complete lack of effort at times.

15. DubaiSpur

DubaiSpur Chris Perry

He'll be cover/competition for Lamela initially. And I think, judging by his last few performances...the lad does need some serious competition.

16. Heda SPURSCZ

Heda SPURSCZ Erik Edman

We're pleased to confirm that Clinton Njie has been granted a work permit and received international clearance.
    He is now available for selection and will wear the number 14 shirt with 'Clinton' on his back.

17. glorygloryeze

glorygloryeze Chris Perry

Source??

18. Heda SPURSCZ

Heda SPURSCZ Erik Edman

Gazzasrightboot likes this.
  19. Yiddo

Yiddo Edgar Davids

Have we done this all arse about face? Surely you get work perfit confirmation before buying him? Or does the deal not officially go through until he gets a work permit?

20. DublinSpur

DublinSpur Scott Parker

Deal is usually "subject to a work permit being agreed". In such cases the permit is (almost) never turned down because lawyers from both clubs will have looked into the specifics and decided the permit is just a formality. They can get it wrong, of course, but rarely.