• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Clinton Njie

I like the rational however going by scouting reports, Nkondu seems like he struggles with crossing and his first touch. Both points would counter that theory.

Unless Poch thinks he can work with him, possibly to be an inside forward perhaps, giving us an option trying to hit teams on the break.

I doubt his current skill set will deem him affective vs teams that sit deep where clever quick intricate play would be a must around the box.

I'm all open though, scouting reports have often been wrong.

Someone mentioned that he is a younger sterling. Sterling frustrates the life out of me because he has not seemed to have worked harder on his basics.

Rodgers coached him into his best season under his tenure and to be fair Poch is a far superior player coach, so I am optimistic.

From what i have seen of him, his crossing isnt too bad - but can have the bad game, normally favours low crosses into the box. Agree regarding first touch though, will definitely need to work on it, as wont have the same time to make up for a bad touch that you do in the french league.

I think a comparison with Sterling is fair. Not a 'young' Sterling, he's the same age. A little less refined, and a fraction of the price - but with the same or greater potential.

If he signs he'll be competing with Lamala, Eriksen, Alli, Chadli, Pritchard, Mason...which is why N'Jie would need a move.

I feel bad for Clinton. He really hasn't had a chance to settle and find his role in the side/squad so for people to be stating that we need to ship him out is really premature.

Think it might be both if we bring in GKN. That would leave us with 10 AMs when we probably only need 7.

Interestingly both Eriksen and Lamela have 2 years left on their contracts and are yet to sign new one. If they do not sign before the season starts it would not surprise me if we sold both of them, what do you think?

I would also let Carroll go

I think it would be a shame to let me him go after one season especially as it was hampered by injury

I think it would be a shame to let me him go after one season especially as it was hampered by injury
We don't know the reasons. Perhaps he was joking around and not committed, not listening, not learning English, nightclubbing, drinking, staying out all night, playing Gran Turismo 4 all night, trying to sleep with Poch's family, stealing jewellery, eating ants, not very good at football... I think it shows a good determination to sort stuff out, rather than allowing someone to languish.

We don't know the reasons. Perhaps he was joking around and not committed, not listening, not learning English, nightclubbing, drinking, staying out all night, playing Gran Turismo 4 all night, trying to sleep with Poch's family, stealing jewellery, eating ants, not very good at football... I think it shows a good determination to sort stuff out, rather than allowing someone to languish.

..this is all assuming that the club actually want him to go...time will tell..

Cn0KJkPWIAELxyG.jpg

Last supper? Or gathering of those going on tour?
Apparently N'Jie with other Spurs players having a meal together in Chigwell today (i think a place called Sheesh?)

Tottenham’s Clinton Njié set for Marseille loan as Nkoudou passes medical
• Cameroon forward will spend season in south of France
• Winger Nkoudou set to be announced as Tottenham’s third summer signing

Clinton Njié made just eight Premier League appearances for Tottenham last season.
Ed Aarons

@ed_aarons
Wednesday 20 July 2016 22.36 BST

Clinton Njié is set to join Marseille on a season-long loan as Tottenham prepare to announce the signing of France under-21 winger Georges-Kévin Nkoudou for £11m.

Cameroon forward Njié, who signed a five-year contract at White Hart Lane last summer after joining from Lyon, was initially reluctant to return to France despite a disappointing first season at Spurs that saw him make just eight Premier League appearances.

However, with Nkoudou having successfully completed his medical on Tuesday ahead of his move from Marseille, Njié has now accepted that his opportunities would have been limited next season and is now expected to move to the south of France. It is understood that the deal includes a €7m option to make the transfer permanent should the 22-year-old play a certain number of games for the club next season.

Nkoudou, who moved to the Stade Vélodrome last summer from Nantes for £1m and had been scouted by several English clubs, was convinced to join Tottenham after speaking on the phone to Mauricio Pochettino at the end of last week.

Meanwhile, Marseille’s owner, billionaire Margarita Louis-Dreyfus, has named Italian businessman Giovanni Ciccolunghi on Wednesday as chief executive of the club that she put up for sale earlier this year.

Louis-Dreyfus, who took control of the club after the death of her husband Robert in 2009, also appointed long-time family friend Jean-Rene Angeloglou as chairman of the club’s board.

Louis-Dreyfus said Ciccolunghi was a close associate of her husband Robert prior to his death in 2009 as a board member of the Louis-Dreyfus Commodities trading house.

Back