• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Climate Change

Also the issue with charging. On a positive it looks like car battery charging times are coming down rapidly, with a 5% to 70% charge taking not much more time than it takes to have a wazz and a coffee. But there are nowhere near enough chargers for mass electric vehicle uptake yet. And what do you do in cities and with people who live in flats? Will London streets be lined with chargers. I somehow doubt it.

It is nice that the future is here now. But its a future that won't work for everyone. There is more invention to come...
You get deliveroo to bring you a battery pack.

(Surely something to do with solar would be the way forward?)

So what about diesel cars, governments around the world promote them as better for the environment and lower road tax etc encouraging millions of people to buy them until the scandals hit when sales plummet leaving all those people with diesel cars that are now suddenly bad. Then you get policies like in Bristol where they now plan to ban diesel cars from driving in the centre during the week (not just those at a certain emission level) - seems unfair to me.

I should disclose that I've just bought a diesel but the road tax is still only £125 a year, that's less than I paid when I last owned a car 10 years back.

So what about diesel cars, governments around the world promote them as better for the environment and lower road tax etc encouraging millions of people to buy them until the scandals hit when sales plummet leaving all those people with diesel cars that are now suddenly bad. Then you get policies like in Bristol where they now plan to ban diesel cars from driving in the centre during the week (not just those at a certain emission level) - seems unfair to me.

I should disclose that I've just bought a diesel but the road tax is still only £125 a year, that's less than I paid when I last owned a car 10 years back.
It's nothing more than a con to excuse their thievery.

Diesel BiK rates were suppressed so that they were cheaper to own than petrol cars. As soon as everyone owned diesels, the govt stuck the BiK rates through the roof.

Rates are currently very low for electric cars - guess what will happen when everyone is driving one?

You get deliveroo to bring you a battery pack.

(Surely something to do with solar would be the way forward?)

Something like that! There is a missing piece. It might be totally different tech - hydrogen or something else. Or a development in battery tech.

It took me 40 minutes to drive 3 miles today in London. Get out of my p1551ng way you mothers.
So an electric car only has to go about 5 miles an hour to keep up handsomely, FFS.
Why does everyone hesitate and pause and consider moving forwards when the lights are already green? Go go go for GHod's sake man.
The real advantage will be when the cars drive themselves in one big fluid mass of metal, all perfectly synchronised so 100 cars can get through the lights in 20 seconds, pedestrians be damned.

It took me 40 minutes to drive 3 miles today in London. Get out of my p1551ng way you mothers.
So an electric car only has to go about 5 miles an hour to keep up handsomely, FFS.
Why does everyone hesitate and pause and consider moving forwards when the lights are already green? Go go go for GHod's sake man.
The real advantage will be when the cars drive themselves in one big fluid mass of metal, all perfectly synchronised so 100 cars can get through the lights in 20 seconds, pedestrians be damned.

Get a dingdong Van Dyke. An Electronic one if you want to be Lemonade cool.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

The real advantage will be when there are no cars in London ;)

This drives me fudging insane. Why do people have to wait for a gap to open up to the car in front before they start to move? Your braking distance at 5mph.is nothing. fudging move.

This drives me fudging insane. Why do people have to wait for a gap to open up to the car in front before they start to move? Your braking distance at 5mph.is nothing. fudging move.
I'm not saying that I should be allowed to fit a cowpushing-bulldozer attachment and plough my way through dullards that don't move when the lights are due to change, pushing them off the road into shops and other traffic. But clearly I should be allowed to do so and present mitigating dashcam footage to a court of law.

no civilised transport system has pedestrians

I'm not saying that I should be allowed to fit a cowpushing-bulldozer attachment and plough my way through dullards that don't move when the lights are due to change, pushing them off the road into shops and other traffic. But clearly I should be allowed to do so and present mitigating dashcam footage to a court of law.
Call Mr. Plow,
That's my name.
That name again is Mr. Plow.

@scaramanga this article may be of interest for you?

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.wired.com/story/heres-a-way-to-fight-climate-change-empower-women/amp

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk
Thanks, very interesting.

It's rarely a palatable talking point, but population growth has to be arrested if we're to have any chance of dealing with climate change. Obviously educating and emancipating women is the clearest and best route to that aim.

What gets even less daylight is the fact that religion and its baked in suppression of both women's rights and their access to birth control - usually enforced by the patriarchy - is intrinsically linked. Especially in some of the world's most deprived areas - parts of Africa, South America, Alabama, etc.

Thanks, very interesting.

It's rarely a palatable talking point, but population growth has to be arrested if we're to have any chance of dealing with climate change. Obviously educating and emancipating women is the clearest and best route to that aim.

What gets even less daylight is the fact that religion and its baked in suppression of both women's rights and their access to birth control - usually enforced by the patriarchy - is intrinsically linked. Especially in some of the world's most deprived areas - parts of Africa, South America, Alabama, etc.

You’re wasted in your current role. Have you considered become a ‘modern missionary’ spreading ScaraLogic worldwide [emoji288]

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Last edited:
Johnny Cab

upload_2019-11-12_18-58-22.png

Back