• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Clattenburg

I've got to be honest though, Im surprised at the amount of drama his comments has caused. All he's basically said is he didn't send any Spurs players off even though he should have. Many games that are derbies have been refereed in this manner.....

I've got to be honest though, Im surprised at the amount of drama his comments has caused. All he's basically said is he didn't send any Spurs players off even though he should have. Many games that are derbies have been refereed in this manner.....
It's the angle, dear boy, the angle. He's trying to take credit for engineering Leicester's League win if you don't mind.

As well as sucking up to Cheatski. Notice he made no mention whatsoever of their disgraceful role both prior to and during the game. As if their deliberately snide antics had no bearing whatsoever on how the match panned out.

If you're going to call out one team that's fine so long as the other lot are the innocent victims but notice it was Cheatski who clocked the bigger fine after the game, not Tottenham.

All he's succeeded in doing is bringing referees into disrepute and proving himself a total ****hole.

he’s also saying he didn’t book any chelsea players early on in the game

Wonder if he'd come out with this if him not sending off our players had contributed to us winning against Chelski and subseqently snatching the title with one point. It could've happened. Then what about that "gameplan"?

The more I think about his comments, the more it sinks in just how shocking it is that a referee at that level has an agenda for his refereeing. Makes me wonder if this is common among PL refs. You can't expect them not to be affected by the importance of big games/derbies, but you should count on that they never ever consciously let this decide how they referee a game.

Just as he is openly saying he manufactured the media narrative by the way he managed the game.

He openly states he was effectively protecting himself from backlash. He wanted the news to be "Tottenham flopped" and not "Clattenberg shafts Spurs".

Fundamentally this is the opposite of what a referee is supposed to be doing.
And of course being the vain, arrogant twunt that he is, Cnutenberg HAS made himself the story.

The more I think about his comments, the more it sinks in just how shocking it is that a referee at that level has an agenda for his refereeing. Makes me wonder if this is common among PL refs. You can't expect them not to be affected by the importance of big games/derbies, but you should count on that they never ever consciously let this decide how they referee a game.

Mike Dean certainly seems to have a gameplan when refereeing our games now ever since he was shown celebrating a Dembele goal after he had successfully played an advantage.

It seems that he is now doing everything to show that he doesn't favour Spurs since that match!

I see no "injustice or injury" here....just a made up story for the media. Sometimes we should also show some perspective. The numpty probably has a book coming out or something along those line. dont give his blatherings oxygen.

The injustice is not only in his failure to do his job, but in rewriting the match history and seeing it take root as ‘truth’...nobody remembers Chelski’s intent leading up to that match or their early egregious behaviour which precipitated the melt-down.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Mike Dean certainly seems to have a gameplan when refereeing our games now ever since he was shown celebrating a Dembele goal after he had successfully played an advantage.

It seems that he is now doing everything to show that he doesn't favour Spurs since that match!
He certainly did not do us any favours at the Emirates. Davinson Sanchez must still be wondering who it was that managed to tug at Alexis Sanchez's shirt because umpteen tv replays showed it could not possibly have been him.

Back