• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Clattenburg

Exactly. This version of his story completely ignored the fact that a number of Chelsea players should have been booked, and Costa possibly sent off before it all kicked off in the second half.

I still have issue with dembele getting suspended for something the Lino saw but did nothing about

Of course clamenburg will get away with this. But hopefully, and it's unlikely, the league will issue an edict that refs can't take their interpretation of what benefits the game as far as he did.

He got so much wrong though
It started with some of their fouling and he let too much go too early

Costa could’ve gone off early for an elbow-like offence(more malice than Sanchez!) and Terry too. Fabreclam should’ve been booked. Chelski had openly talked about ‘stopping’ us winning the title because they would rather Leicester won it. Clattenberg bottled it...I thought...it now seems he helped egg it on. Disgraceful and I expect the Prem to slam him. If THEY have a pair...

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

He got so much wrong though
It started with some of their fouling and he let too much go too early
Absolutely. Chelsea were very lucky to still have the full complement by the time Dier went to war. And as much as I enjoyed him creasing Fabregas we really lost control and fell into their trap. Anyway that's old news. Lets enjoy those tackles again compliments of Mr. Clattenburg

Last edited:
Absolutely. Chelsea were very lucky to still have the full complement by the time Dier went to war. And as much as I enjoyed him creasing Fabregas we really lost control and fell into their trap. Anyway that's old news. Lets enjoy those tackles again compliment of Mr. Clattenburg
that last one looked like at least two straight reds.

those comments from clattenburg is exactly what is wrong with english referees.

they think they are part of the narrative and dont realise that their job is simply to officiate the game to the rules no matter what the circumstances.

graham poll was on bt sport this week and was spouting similar bs about his role in the arsenal vs manutd games of yesteryear.

howard webb was the same when he chose not to send off de jong. howard webb actually had many instances of this where he would choose not to enforce cards when they shouldve been.

eric dier's comments show the same thing too.

the standard of refereering in england has been brick for too many years now compared to the top european refs.

I think that nearly all referees are wary of booking someone early doors, particularly in a derby, because it is very likely they will commit another "yellow card" challenge later on... at which point they have to send them off... and then the media narrative is all about the sending off.

So most referees will avoid giving cards early, just have a word, etc.

So probably Clattenburg was doing this BUT he failed to have a big, big, big word with captains and start the booking early enough AND he failed to send off players that deserved it... which wound up Spurs particularly when Cheatski spawned their way to a draw... sending Dembele and Dier and co. into a rage.

I think that nearly all referees are wary of booking someone early doors, particularly in a derby, because it is very likely they will commit another "yellow card" challenge later on... at which point they have to send them off... and then the media narrative is all about the sending off.

So most referees will avoid giving cards early, just have a word, etc.

So probably Clattenburg was doing this BUT he failed to have a big, big, big word with captains and start the booking early enough AND he failed to send off players that deserved it... which wound up Spurs particularly when Cheatski spawned their way to a draw... sending Dembele and Dier and co. into a rage.

Which is exactly what that clam Atkinson did at the weekend.

The attitudes among both referees and pundits with regards to this need to change. How often have you not heard pundits complaining about referees ruining games because of an early sending off? A red card offence is a red card offence regardless if it occurs in the third or the eighty third minute. How anyone can seriously argue that a referee applying the rules at the early stages of a game ruins it is beyond me.

And now we have clear evidence that this stance is also present among the officials themselves. Why must so much be so wrongly done in football? It's supposed to be a simple game!

He always was a twunt who wanted to put himself at the centre of everything.

Still, without his approach we wouldn’t have seen those Dier tackles; watching them again has cheered me right up after a really bricky day.

I used to ref on a Sunday morning, I was alway told, it doesn't matter what minute of the game it is, if it a foul, yellow or red cad, or penalty then give it. If you let things go early the players will ref the game for you.

The attitudes among both referees and pundits with regards to this need to change. How often have you not heard pundits complaining about referees ruining games because of an early sending off? A red card offence is a red card offence regardless if it occurs in the third or the eighty third minute. How anyone can seriously argue that a referee applying the rules at the early stages of a game ruins it is beyond me.

It's nonsense really. Unless it's a case of a blatant refereeing error resulting in a red card, the referee hasn't ruined anything. Blame it on the player who acted stupidly and was sent off early instead.

Inconsistency in refereeing is a major issue in the game, IMO. Players shouldn't have to go into a game not knowing where the referee draws the line. From the rules of the game they should have a pretty clear indication about what is and isn't allowed in any given game. I think this would also make it easier for supporters to accept the occational refereeing error.

Costa could’ve gone off early for an elbow-like offence(more malice than Sanchez!) and Terry too. Fabreclam should’ve been booked. Chelski had openly talked about ‘stopping’ us winning the title because they would rather Leicester won it. Clattenberg bottled it...I thought...it now seems he helped egg it on. Disgraceful and I expect the Prem to slam him. If THEY have a pair...

So.... dont expect anything then?

Back