• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

CL Qualification vs Cups - The Neverending Story

OK a quick question. If we make the top four for several years but end up winning nothing would you be happy with that? It seems that some ( not saying you) have no regard for the cup competitions.

no i wouldn't and tbh i think you don't really read/understand what people have posted if that's the conclusion you have come to (no offense intended) - the whole idea is that making the top four consistently is what will give us the platform to progress as a club to the top level, where we can challenge for and win trophies regularly, without establishing ourselves at the top trophies won will be few and far between

no i wouldn't and tbh i think you don't really read/understand what people have posted if that's the conclusion you have come to (no offense intended) - the whole idea is that making the top four consistently is what will give us the platform to progress as a club to the top level, where we can challenge for and win trophies regularly, without establishing ourselves at the top trophies won will be few and far between

No offense taken mate.

Well i have heard fans say that the cups are mickey mouse ( or similar) trophys so i'm not sure they all feel like you.

And we return again to the Arse who have finished in the runners up spots for years but have failed to win anything. But as they say Stop! Hammer time.

No offense taken mate.

Well i have heard fans say that the cups are mickey mouse ( or similar) trophys so i'm not sure they all feel like you.

And we return again to the Arse who have finished in the runners up spots for years but have failed to win anything. But as they say Stop! Hammer time.

i don't agree that the cups are Mickey Mouse and even if people do it doesn't really have to follow that they also think just finishing in the top 4 is success, so im not sure your point stands.

Arsenal have no excuses to have done as little as they have over the last ten years or so and top 4 finishes count for nothing unless you build upon them - that's why we can laugh at where they find themselves

No offense taken mate.

It is all about opinions, but that one comes across as a bit revisionist, to say the least. They've won the FA Cup 6 times in the past twenty years (7 wins in 8 final appearances since we last troubled its engravers) and they haven't finished outside the top 4 once in that time. Over the same period, we've managed two League Cups, and we finished in the bottom half of the table on both occasions.

No offense taken mate.

Ah, so you're acknowledging the cup trophies they've won in the last couple of years don't really count?
(Sorry if that was overly facetious but you know by now where I'm coming from. :D)

The next step for us seems relatively clear: scoring goals...outside of Kane or Alli.

If we were able to get more goals from other players we'd be able to win competitions imo.

For all Rose and Walkers industry, they need to be capping performances with a goal now and again. Signs are there that they can.

Likewise Eriksen has it in him to get a few more., and Wanyama is starting to deliver on his offensive promise. He can be box to box and score.

We haven't seen as many Toby goals this season. Sissoko looks goal shy, but Son could deliver consistency. He's on or off at the moment.

'All' we need is the rest of the team to become more accurate and ruthless in front of goal, and we will next the next step. We defend first, but have to be more ruthless when attacking, across the whole team.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Son has 11 goals this season, Eriksen 8 - it's likely we'll end up with four players on 10+ goals in all competitions. I wouldn't say we're over reliant on Kane & Dele, but obviously they're very important to us in terms of goals scored.

In comparison only Zlatan, with 26 goals, has more than ten goals for Manure. Liverpool only have Mane (11) on double figures. City only Aguero (22).

Arse is the exception, with Sanchez on 20, Walcott on 15 and Giroud on 11.

@Robbo none of those sides are really above us. Chelsea by comparison have a wider spread of goals - more finishers all the way across the team maybe. For us to take the next step, for me, that's what we need too.

We lost points this season when Kane or Alli didn't score.

I dont think we will have a better chance to reach a cup final this season,

Given who we have played and who we have in the 1/4s it has been pretty easy so far.

Then in the semi we will have City - not lost to (somehow) Arsenal - out played away - United - narrow 1-0 defeat or Chelsea beaten them this season

I would be happy to take the FA cup over the CL given our results this season and we have to start winning things again.

Son has 11 goals this season, Eriksen 8 - it's likely we'll end up with four players on 10+ goals in all competitions. I wouldn't say we're over reliant on Kane & Dele, but obviously they're very important to us in terms of goals scored.

In comparison only Zlatan, with 26 goals, has more than ten goals for Manure. Liverpool only have Mane (11) on double figures. City only Aguero (22).

Arse is the exception, with Sanchez on 20, Walcott on 15 and Giroud on 11.

100% right

We have a great return from our attacking players really

Alli will end up with 15 goals from what is arguably an attacking midfield role

Kane will hit 20 plus and Erisken needs a couple more to hit double figures

That's pretty exceptional in reality

100% right

We have a great return from our attacking players really

Alli will end up with 15 goals from what is arguably an attacking midfield role

Kane will hit 20 plus and Erisken needs a couple more to hit double figures

That's pretty exceptional in reality

Liverpool have 12 different scorers in the league to our 9, but their top scorer is Mane with 11 to Kane's 17. Either way someone will complain about the lack of 20 goal striker or that so few players contribute, there's no escaping it.

Liverpool have 12 different scorers in the league to our 9, but their top scorer is Mane with 11 to Kane's 17. Either way someone will complain about the lack of 20 goal striker or that so few players contribute, there's no escaping it.

They will be their fools

Having more players spread around is nice but it's rare for teams like that to win the league

Much better to have more players score more surely ?!?!?

I'm not complaining, just thinking about where we progress from here.

Would be interesting to see the correlation between dropped points or cup losses and Alli or Kane not scoring.

Back