• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Circus ManUnitus - Erik's At The Wheel

“I could have opted for an easier job. If I had gone to Tottenham, the job would not have been as enormous as here at United.

“I could have easily gone to Spurs. But I chose the biggest challenge of all the jobs in football. And I really wanted to join the number one club in the country, not Tottenham.

“Financially, Tottenham was kind of as attractive as Man United. But, in my eyes, Man United is still the number one club in England, Tottenham really is not.”

:lol:

Can't deny United is a bigger club, but a bigger challenge? You chose the biggest club with the biggest wallet and the biggest potential for success, old man. Don't try to deny it. You'll probably get the success you're after, with the biggest players on the biggest wages. Fair play to that.

But to call that a bigger challenge than to make Spurs realistic title challengers for the first time since the early sixties, on a limited budget, is just bull****.

The gap between Man U now to winning the league is far greater than the gap between us now and qualifying for the Champs League. That's what would be considered a success at each club.

The gap between Man U now to winning the league is far greater than the gap between us now and qualifying for the Champs League. That's what would be considered a success at each club.

Out of interest, do you not see one of our objectives as winning the title? I ****in do and hope Poch achieves that.

Is it a tough objective to reach? Hell yeah, will it take a while? Of course. Is it achievable? Yep. I assume A Madrid also thought the same and look what they achieved.

I can't imagine our objective rests solely with reaching the CL (perhaps in the interim and immediate future), but I'm sure it goes further than that...

It's not how Poch will be judged tho. If LVG took us over and we consistently made top 4, job done. Even if we never had any hope of winning the league like Arsenal.

But LVG has to win the league and I'd say CL as well with Man U. Otherwise he fails.

It's not how Poch will be judged tho. If LVG took us over and we consistently made top 4, job done. Even if we never had any hope of winning the league like Arsenal.

But LVG has to win the league and I'd say CL as well with Man U. Otherwise he fails.

Their expectations are far greater than ours so I agree on that level but I am thinking ambition and in that case it's a far greater challenge.

I don't blame LVG taking on the Manure job as it's a prestigious one and not forgetting his age etc. It is a massive challenge but don't think it's bigger than ours in terms of ambition more so than expectations

“I could have opted for an easier job. If I had gone to Tottenham, the job would not have been as enormous as here at United.

“I could have easily gone to Spurs. But I chose the biggest challenge of all the jobs in football. And I really wanted to join the number one club in the country, not Tottenham.

“Financially, Tottenham was kind of as attractive as Man United. But, in my eyes, Man United is still the number one club in England, Tottenham really is not.”

Can't deny United is a bigger club, but a bigger challenge? You chose the biggest club with the biggest wallet and the biggest potential for success, old man. Don't try to deny it. You'll probably get the success you're after, with the biggest players on the biggest wages. Fair play to that.

But to call that a bigger challenge than to make Spurs realistic title challengers for the first time since the early sixties, on a limited budget, is just bull****.

Don't see what is particularly wrong or disparaging in that

LVG is disrespectful and arrogant, and as usual the media is lapping all this up.

Silly man doesn't realize the power of the press here. His downfall will be spectacular.

Malmö captain Guillermo Molins is currently in Antwerp, Belgium, recovering from a cruciate ligament injury. Today he bumped into Marouane Fellaini.

Fellaini: Where do you play?

Molins: Malmö

Fellaini: Never heard of.

Molins: That's understandable, we're in the champions league.

[tweet]507114642897117186[/tweet]

I can see LVGs point. I mean, I can't comment about life as a Premier League manager but I do know when I play FIFA if I want an easy game I play as Real Madrid.

If I want a bigger challenge I chose Tottenham.

If I want a tougher challenger still I choose MK Dons.

But if I want a really really hard job, pretty much impossible to win with, I'd choose Man United.

You have to admire the guy for picking a lost cause eh?

Don't see what is particularly wrong or disparaging in that

You don't talk about the clubs you 'turned down' because they weren't a 'big enough challenge' and you also don't specify that said-club is not the number one club in England, when they quite clearly are not anymore. Naive and arrogant. Except he's old enough to know better. Arrogant. He should keep his flat-nosed mouth shut!

But to call that a bigger challenge than to make Spurs realistic title challengers for the first time since the early sixties, on a limited budget, is just bull****

=D>

150+ million spend in the window. At least two world class players in that first 11. Unlimited resources and jiggery-pokery-financial-fair-play dodging legal teams at your disposal. He's a ****ker. If, as you said, he'd just been honest, I could take that. Man Utd are a massive club, blah blah, but don't even try to pass it off as 'the bigger challenge'…he is vying with Fat Sam for biggest managerial tosser in the Prem for me. So glad we did not get him.

I cannot see him last more than two years there. There are only two competitions that will count as success at United, the Premier League title and the Champions' League. He is not going to win either this year, which gives him one year to do it :-k

You don't talk about the clubs you 'turned down' because they weren't a 'big enough challenge' and you also don't specify that said-club is not the number one club in England, when they quite clearly are not anymore. Naive and arrogant. Except he's old enough to know better. Arrogant. He should keep his flat-nosed mouth shut!

it'll take more than a couple of lean years to dethrone united, they are still the biggest club in England and the only club that can rival Madrid as the biggest in the world IMO

when they found that lost amazon tribe last summer even they all had united tatoos

there will be a circle jerk over Di Maria tomorrow, shouldn't be though, this is what he did pretty much every week for Madrid last season

Back