• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Circus ManUnitus - Erik's At The Wheel

After 17 games:
4. Chelsea - 37 (+21 GD)
5. Arsenal - 34 (+14 GD)
6. Man Utd - 26 (0 GD)

After 26 games:
4. Man Utd - 51 (+17 GD)
5. Arsenal - 50 (+16 GD)
6. Chelsea - 50 (+16 GD)

#20legend

How much is new manager bounce?

He's basically un-Mourinho'd the side. And obvious first move. Put round pegs in round holes and play with a positive mindset.

Its new manager 101.

Im yet to see any real nuance to his management, something to make me think "well thats interesting..." in what he is doing.

BUT - results have been superb, players and fans are happy, and there is no sign of better options around at this time.

I wouldnt be surprised to see him offered the contract.

And then I wouldnt be surprised to see them struggle next season...

I'm assuming if he get the job he will be given a decent transfer kitty in the summer, I think seeing how he spends that money will give us our first real idea of what sort of manager he is going to be.

He will get the job.
But what TOP player will be attracted by a club managed by Ole Gunnar Solskjaer. Yes, I know Phil Jones. My bad!

How much is new manager bounce?

He's basically un-Mourinho'd the side. And obvious first move. Put round pegs in round holes and play with a positive mindset.

Its new manager 101.

Im yet to see any real nuance to his management, something to make me think "well thats interesting..." in what he is doing.

BUT - results have been superb, players and fans are happy, and there is no sign of better options around at this time.

I think what you have mentioned above the highlighted show that. Knowing what to do, dumb down the process and not over complicate it by being wrapped up in your own ego is a skill and shows a huge level of management. For example Jose failed because of his obsession with proving himself as a manager, in the Bein Sport interview he says as much.

The club was so toxic that I dont think you can underestimate what he has done, made the best impact I have seen from the previous 3.

He will get the job.
But what TOP player will be attracted by a club managed by Ole Gunnar Solskjaer. Yes, I know Phil Jones. My bad!

Plenty, its Man United and he is getting a tune out their top players, players talk so the fact he has Pogba onside will be a huge draw.

I think what you have mentioned above the highlighted show that. Knowing what to do, dumb down the process and not over complicate it by being wrapped up in your own ego is a skill and shows a huge level of management. For example Jose failed because of his obsession with proving himself as a manager, in the Bein Sport interview he says as much.

The club was so toxic that I dont think you can underestimate what he has done, made the best impact I have seen from the previous 3.

Its good management in so much as its the right thing to do at this point.

But its literally the most obvious thing that needed to happen, so I wouldnt describe it as "huge level of management".

And thats what I mean. He has done the absolute basic thing needed, nothing yet to suggest there is more to him.

The game is littered with tales of managers doing exactly this and then completely failing once the novelty wore off.

I find him quite likeable, I think his affinity with (and love for) the club are obvious and really welcome. I like that he appears to be trying to get back to proper Man U ideals, play positively etc, and so far he is doing a great job considering where he picked up and where they are now.

Its just... as I said, yet to see something from him that piques my interest and makes him stand apart from every other caretaker ever...

Back