• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Circus ManUnitus - Erik's At The Wheel

Ahh, gotcha.

I could see that, looks a good manager.

Though Ive always thought Zidane would end up there, dont know why exactly - gut feeling.

He has shown at Madrid he can win, work with "names", work with youth - ticks a lot of boxes for them Id say.

And he would be a hell of a lot cheaper than Poch or anyone else in a job.

Zidane has to be the front runner and they are rumoured to have been talking to him since the summer

Could have done with the circus continuing for another year or so … oh well.

Moyes, LVG, Jose, nothing has changed … the club itself needs to change ..

_104858903_c5bbeac0-9876-4812-bcd7-13a8a0de2a99.jpg

Classless, but funny.

If Zidane, why wait till summer?

I dont think they should. It would make much more sense to allow any new manager to have the rest of this season, get their feet under the table, some basics laid down, teething problems over - so they can approach the summer with a real plan of action to rebuild/amend the squad and take those basics up a level.

Write off expectation for this season, by all means - but make it worth while at least.

I personally think Zidane would (and should) appeal to them. Perhaps by saying they will put in a caretaker they take the pressure off of negotiations?

Though, if they really are intent on putting in a caretaker until the summer it can only mean their target already has a job and its going to take some doing to get him out of it (unless, faint hope, he is out of contract in the summer?)

I dont think they should. It would make much more sense to allow any new manager to have the rest of this season, get their feet under the table, some basics laid down, teething problems over - so they can approach the summer with a real plan of action to rebuild/amend the squad and take those basics up a level.

Write off expectation for this season, by all means - but make it worth while at least.

I personally think Zidane would (and should) appeal to them. Perhaps by saying they will put in a caretaker they take the pressure off of negotiations?

Though, if they really are intent on putting in a caretaker until the summer it can only mean their target already has a job and its going to take some doing to get him out of it (unless, faint hope, he is out of contract in the summer?)

The season wouldn't be a write off though. They are still in the CL and in the hunt for top 4. 11 points is not beyond the realms of possibility, it's just a very big ask particularly with the mess that needs to be cleaned up.

You come in as manager now, don't get top 4 and get hockeyed by PSG and you're tarnished. If I was Zidane, I think I'd wait.

Neville is the unofficial UTD mouthpiece. He's tapping Poch up for them, though let's be honest, most of the footballing world has known of that interest for months.

I think we better enjoy this season with him. It will likely be the last.

The season wouldn't be a write off though. They are still in the CL and in the hunt for top 4. 11 points is not beyond the realms of possibility, it's just a very big ask particularly with the mess that needs to be cleaned up.

You come in as manager now, don't get top 4 and get hockeyed by PSG and you're tarnished. If I was Zidane, I think I'd wait.

By write off I mean - no expectation.

Of course any success would be welcome, but its more important the time is spent setting up for the future.

Putting the team in the hands of a caretaker for the next 5 months is certainly writing off any expectation. It would also be a complete waste of time.

Putting the team in the hands of a new manager, whom you expect to succeed over time, without expectation of instant reward is, IMO, bloody good use of that time.

He has those months to feel out the squad, identify weaknesses, targets, players surplus. AND hit the summer having done foundational work on the team ready to really implement their ideas.

By write off I mean - no expectation.

Of course any success would be welcome, but its more important the time is spent setting up for the future.

Putting the team in the hands of a caretaker for the next 5 months is certainly writing off any expectation. It would also be a complete waste of time.

Putting the team in the hands of a new manager, whom you expect to succeed over time, without expectation of instant reward is, IMO, bloody good use of that time.

He has those months to feel out the squad, identify weaknesses, targets, players surplus. AND hit the summer having done foundational work on the team ready to really implement their ideas.

I see the logic in what you're saying but supporters will judge the new man from the off because, as a bunch, football fans like us aren't logical. Imagine him coming in and finishing 6th and getting beat 8-0 by PSG on aggregate or something similar. He'd be undermined before he gets a proper chance at the job. It'd be a risk in my opinion. It might be one worth taking for the reasons you outline but it might not be.

Neville is the unofficial UTD mouthpiece. He's tapping Poch up for them, though let's be honest, most of the footballing world has known of that interest for months.

I think we better enjoy this season with him. It will likely be the last.

he is, but to be fair, he's not changed his tune, he's been saying this for months

I see the logic in what you're saying but supporters will judge the new man from the off because, as a bunch, football fans like us aren't logical. Imagine him coming in and finishing 6th and getting beat 8-0 by PSG on aggregate or something similar. He'd be undermined before he gets a proper chance at the job. It'd be a risk in my opinion. It might be one worth taking for the reasons you outline but it might not be.

Again - and not trying to be argumentative - I disagree.

After 3 years of Mourinho sucking the joy out of football, dire football, and watching the team go backwards year on year - for him to go, that alone would make me hopeful for the furture.

Seriously, if Mourinho ever took over at Spurs my interest in the club would go on hiatus until he was gone. I dont think I could go through it.

To then have someone like Pochettino come in, known for building fudging good teams, competitive, hard to beat, exciting to watch teams - Id be so elated the rest of the season would simply be exciting for me. I honestly dont believe Id be expecting anything other than to see the improvements in the team, the new shape, and be excited by the work taking place.

EDIT: Now, if it was following Fergie - I wouldnt be arguing with you. But you need to put it into perspective, Moyes, LVG, Mourinho - after that run youd be nothing but grateful for someone like Poch!

Poch isn't going anywhere, we'll have him for another year after this season at least, then it's a case of assessing if the club is still moving in the right direction for him.

Back