• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Circus ManUnitus - Erik's At The Wheel

Mourinho has got what he wanted, he has been angling for the sack since he signed his new contract. A huge payout and he can try to blame everyone else for his mistakes. The issue is, where does he go next? He is clearly a manager whose time has passed.
Inter

Mourinho has got what he wanted, he has been angling for the sack since he signed his new contract. A huge payout and he can try to blame everyone else for his mistakes. The issue is, where does he go next? He is clearly a manager whose time has passed.

I can see one or two clubs still not learning the lesson and offering him a chance. Bayern next, maybe?

Though I agree, he is yesterdays man.

Time for Gary Neville to put his money where his mouth is. If he does well as interim manager he will be in the running for the permanent job. According to his punditry, there is nothing fundamentally wrong with the way the club is run and the players are not at fault. Should be a doddle.

P.S. A caretaker appointment just means they won't be rushed. If they found their man and he's available then it would be better to get him in to the assess the squad before making decisions on summer transfers. My sexy self expects an appointment in the second week of January.

Right on que:

Neville, however, believes the Tottenham Hotspur head coach has all the credentials to take over at Old Trafford.

"I said last season that the next manager of Man Utd should be Pochettino," the former United captain told SSN.

"If I look at the values of United, you look at Pochettino's belief in young players at Southampton and with Tottenham.

"You look at his performance levels and style of play, the way in which he carries himself at all times - publicly and in private - I have been fortunate enough to spend two or three days at Tottenham's training ground and for me, he just feels like the most ideal candidate.

"There will be others who say 'no', but Man Utd have tried managers who have won European Cups, managers who have won multiple leagues, managers who have had that solid grounding in the Premier League.

"My view is they need someone who meets the three key principles of that football club - the promotion of youth, entertaining football and to win football matches.

"So at this moment in time, I see him - and people will suggest that he has not won a trophy yet at Tottenham, but with a net spend of -£29m, or something over the last four years, he could not have done more. He has done the most incredible job and I do think he is the person who is the most outstanding candidate.

"But if you are a Tottenham Hotspur fan, you will not appreciate me saying that. If you are Daniel Levy at Tottenham Hotspur, you will be grabbing and holding on to him for dear life because you are moving into a new stadium.

"But he is the individual who fits the profile of what Man Utd need in terms of what he has done in the Premier League over the last five, six, seven years at both clubs."

I have always found jose grating and wasn't happy when he came back to the prem. I find his ego and attention seeking tiresome, so I am sort of pleased he is gone. On the other hand, he was making such a bad job of it, I had been hoping he'd hang on until the summer so as to further erode man utd's prospects.

I can see one or two clubs still not learning the lesson and offering him a chance. Bayern next, maybe?

Though I agree, he is yesterdays man.

Bayern are pretty well run, I'd be amazed if they went for him. I would've thought that PSG is a possibility and I could see United being interested in Tuchel (or at least getting friendly voices to talk up the possibility before they meet in the CL).

Bayern are pretty well run, I'd be amazed if they went for him. I would've thought that PSG is a possibility and I could see United being interested in Tuchel (or at least getting friendly voices to talk up the possibility before they meet in the CL).

Tuchel is settled in, isnt he? Going well?

Bayern are playing catch up and are about to finally shake off the like of Ribery and Robben, could be in the market for some guaranteed success...

_104858903_c5bbeac0-9876-4812-bcd7-13a8a0de2a99.jpg

Classless, but funny.

Yep but in a nothing league.

Unless Paris intend on moving divisions, Im not sure I see your point?

They are convincing in the CL, playing GOOD football, walking the domestic league...

...unless Tuchel is unsettled or there are issues Im unaware of (entirely possible) I see absolutely no reason why Mourinho would appeal to them.

Unless Paris intend on moving divisions, Im not sure I see your point?

They are convincing in the CL, playing GOOD football, walking the domestic league...

...unless Tuchel is unsettled or there are issues Im unaware of (entirely possible) I see absolutely no reason why Mourinho would appeal to them.

I meant that Tuchel might be a candidate for the United job, creating a vacancy

I meant that Tuchel might be a candidate for the United job, creating a vacancy

Ahh, gotcha.

I could see that, looks a good manager.

Though Ive always thought Zidane would end up there, dont know why exactly - gut feeling.

He has shown at Madrid he can win, work with "names", work with youth - ticks a lot of boxes for them Id say.

And he would be a hell of a lot cheaper than Poch or anyone else in a job.

Back