• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Circus ManUnitus - Erik's At The Wheel

I do believe that Utd have to get rid of Pogba ( sooner rather then later), i have never got the hype over Pogba and he seems to think that he is the dogs gonads and seems to behave that way. Jose may not be the manager he was but is not being helped by the actions of a player who seems to think he is untouchable.

I think in the right set up/with the right role Pogba could be excellent for them, really dictate games for them.

That he needs that sort of specific care says to me he isnt the world class player his reputation suggests.

However, that its that bloody obvious what he needs, and he keeps getting played in compromised positions/ways = what does it say about the management?

Pogba isnt my cup of tea, but at a £90m investment you can be damn sure Id be playing him in the way that gets me the most return on that money.

What would cost more? Losing Pogba at a loss, or sacking Mourinho?

I think in the right set up/with the right role Pogba could be excellent for them, really dictate games for them.

That he needs that sort of specific care says to me he isnt the world class player his reputation suggests.

However, that its that bloody obvious what he needs, and he keeps getting played in compromised positions/ways = what does it say about the management?

Pogba isnt my cup of tea, but at a £90m investment you can be damn sure Id be playing him in the way that gets me the most return on that money.

What would cost more? Losing Pogba at a loss, or sacking Mourinho?

Thankfully i do not have to answer that question. :) All i will say is that i have a few family who are ST holders at Utd '( and we all keep in touch) and according to them they say they most of their mates would rather see the end of Pogba then Jose.

they would get £100M+ for pogba tomorrow, wouldn't sell at a loss. - it would be a net loss though as they need to buy a STAR to replace him.

Paul Pogba battle is one José Mourinho simply cannot win

It is difficult to see how José Mourinho can truly win the duel of the divas with Paul Pogba. The Manchester United manager loses his job or loses a World Cup-winning talent. Pogba, though, cannot lose. He runs off to Barcelona or runs Mourinho out of town and effectively runs United, which is the road to ruin for the club.

This final point is key to this unedifying circus, a point that United’s executive vice-chairman, Ed Woodward, has to be guided by when he belatedly intervenes to end this soap opera of a squabble: United cannot allow a player, however gifted, however important commercially, to have more control than the manager. United’s board must back Mourinho, for now at least.

The manager formerly known as the special one is clearly not the force of old. United are far too cautious under him, his man-management is poor whether dealing with Pogba, Anthony Martial, Luke Shaw, Chris Smalling or Phil Jones, but he is the manager, the main man on the football side, and his office and right to manage must be respected. With his comments about Mourinho’s tactics, Pogba challenges more than a man. He challenges a position and a tradition. It smacks of near-mutiny.

Apparently the weird clash in the video was over an Instagram post.

If I was Woodward I’d spend all day every day thanking my lucky stars I had Jose and let him sign whoever he wanted.

they would get £100M+ for pogba tomorrow, wouldn't sell at a loss. - it would be a net loss though as they need to buy a STAR to replace him.

How will his value have appreciated after 2 years of "meh"?

I appreciate the world cup, where he did play well, but Im yet to really see what would make him worth what Utd paid - let alone more.

Though I suppose the market is batbrick crazy, so I probably shouldnt try and make sense of it

How will his value have appreciated after 2 years of "meh"?

I appreciate the world cup, where he did play well, but Im yet to really see what would make him worth what Utd paid - let alone more.

Though I suppose the market is batbrick crazy, so I probably shouldnt try and make sense of it
Markets moved, WC performance,past performance not with Mourinho marketability.

If a club could buy pogba or Sergej Milinković-Savić I reckon most would go with pogba and they were quoting 150 for him.

People would pay top money for Pogba because of his global appeal, clubs make that money back.

I think he is rubbish myself but just the way football goes.

As r-u-s-x says its about markets.

So right, United are by far the most successful team in England and with their global marketing revenue they should be dominating the game in this league and in Europe, the fact that they have not won the league for over 5 years is a disgrace, yet the owners are happy and see their revenue as a success rather than winning major titles.

So right, United are by far the most successful team in England and with their global marketing revenue they should be dominating the game in this league and in Europe, the fact that they have not won the league for over 5 years is a disgrace, yet the owners are happy and see their revenue as a success rather than winning major titles.
Think they showed this week that the owners are taking £50 out of every £100 they earn (debt payments and dividends) and I agree with what you say, even with that they should still be challenging. Mourinho this year moaning and even then they spent £70M in the summer.

Mourinho always falls out with star players (spacegoats) before he gets fired and paid off.

Pogba is a show pony, yes but I'm sure Poch would sort him and get him playing well for us.
Hopefully, the above sentence doesn't come back to bite me.

Thankfully i do not have to answer that question. :) All i will say is that i have a few family who are ST holders at Utd '( and we all keep in touch) and according to them they say they most of their mates would rather see the end of Pogba then Jose.

Longer they keep thinking like that the better for us.

Back