• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Circus ManUnitus - Erik's At The Wheel

The squad:

UNITED'S 2018/19 PREMIER LEAGUE SQUAD NUMBERS

I think you are right. Theres not even a particularly obvious team out of that lot, it doesnt scream quality (although is large), and theres not an obvious 'theme' to the buys they make.
you are right but there would be quick fixes for a decent coach - Fosu-Mensah would be replacing Valencia and if he didn't fudge with Shaw he could have been getting these performances last year.

Buying Matic was a mistake (short term and runs out of puff at Christmas) as was Sanchez (when you have Rashford & Martial in the same position) - if he tried building a team he has a lot of tools there.

you are right but there would be quick fixes for a decent coach - Fosu-Mensah would be replacing Valencia and if he didn't fudge with Shaw he could have been getting these performances last year.

Buying Matic was a mistake (short term and runs out of puff at Christmas) as was Sanchez (when you have Rashford & Martial in the same position) - if he tried building a team he has a lot of tools there.

Im not saying its a write off, there is of course talent there.

But to build a proper team itll take time and a lot of transfers IMO. There might be the bones of a good team in there somewhere, but it needs supplementing - and before that lots of players need to be sold.

I like Fosu Mensah, Id have him in. Valencia is just too cynical for my taste. You are right about Shaw too, watching him the other night I couldnt help but think back a few weeks to all the posters here scoffing at the idea of getting him in. He did well, and did even better under Poch.

Mourinho isnt wrong about needing CBs, that much is obvious (though it does beg questions about the £60m he spent on Bailley and Lindelof).

The midfield? Pogba and Mata I like. The rest? Not for me. Id probably keep Linguard, he's brainless but my word does he run, its possible you can get something out of him.

Up front? Actually the least broken part of the squad, on paper. With decent service they should all thrive.

Im not saying its a write off, there is of course talent there.

But to build a proper team itll take time and a lot of transfers IMO. There might be the bones of a good team in there somewhere, but it needs supplementing - and before that lots of players need to be sold.

I like Fosu Mensah, Id have him in. Valencia is just too cynical for my taste. You are right about Shaw too, watching him the other night I couldnt help but think back a few weeks to all the posters here scoffing at the idea of getting him in. He did well, and did even better under Poch.

Mourinho isnt wrong about needing CBs, that much is obvious (though it does beg questions about the £60m he spent on Bailley and Lindelof).

The midfield? Pogba and Mata I like. The rest? Not for me. Id probably keep Linguard, he's brainless but my word does he run, its possible you can get something out of him.

Up front? Actually the least broken part of the squad, on paper. With decent service they should all thrive.

Bailey was good when he went there so I don't know whats happened to him, but with a back 4 of FM-B-Jones/smalling- Shaw that's not too bad (I don't rate Valencia at all at RB cynical or not he is just not very good going forwards or back -they have also spent a fortune on not very good Italian wingbacks over the years).

Again a MF of heirra - Pogba - Fred with a decent manager would not be a bad midfield

A decent manager may even promote youth where there are gaps, I am not sure the team is all that bad but does require a bit of work which Morinho wont put in.

Bailey was good when he went there so I don't know whats happened to him, but with a back 4 of FM-B-Jones/smalling- Shaw that's not too bad (I don't rate Valencia at all at RB cynical or not he is just not very good going forwards or back -they have also spent a fortune on not very good Italian wingbacks over the years).

Again a MF of heirra - Pogba - Fred with a decent manager would not be a bad midfield

A decent manager may even promote youth where there are gaps, I am not sure the team is all that bad but does require a bit of work which Morinho wont put in.

If Smalling or Jones played for any team outside the old sky top 4 they would be giving away half dozen penalties a season, their panic is written all over their faces.

If Smalling or Jones played for any team outside the old sky top 4 they would be giving away half dozen penalties a season, their panic is written all over their faces*.
they would adapt - Smalling would be ok in any team below the top 4 & Jones (injuries aside), both would walk into Everton & Westhams team and would probably get into the Scums too (would adapt to not getting away with mugging people every game). They would not get near any of the other top teams admittedly

*see what you have done there https://www.sportsjoe.ie/football/p...nkle-out-of-phil-jones-unfortunate-face-33453

Wow, that’s a new level of stupid, even for Woodward.

United would be relegated.

There's three worst teams in the division, they'll just about be alright.:D

Brilliant appointment, the go to guy when you have a dodgy defence.
A pity it's almost definitely not true.

Should the moaning one get the sack or resigns, I'd can't see a truely top tier manager stepping in at this time, certainly not with the squad as it is ... Martinez on the other hand...

That was Richard Keyes, talking to Andy Gray on BEIN sport (? - is that where they landed?).

If Utd ever actually went for him it would be fudging hilarious.

Andy Gray and Richard Keys is just a smokescreen....

The men truly behind the rumour.
Marouane-Fellaini-Romelu-Lukaku-671532.jpg

Back