• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christmas Wish List

Pirate55

The Last Man Standing 17/18
Apart from two front teeth, what do people most want for Chrimbo at Spurs if you could add one (realistic and gettable) new player?

I think we are mostly agreed that we most urgently need a CF, who could rotate/cover for Kane. Several have been suggested

Pato
Negredo
Lambert
Berahino
Austin
Dembele mi

Given the choice of just one, who would people most like to see?

I would vote for Dembele mi.

Saido Berahino and/or Moussa Dembélé and maybe Charlie Austin. Pato is known to be unprofessional and I don't think he would cope in England. Lambert and Negredo wouldn't probably fit into our system and I think they're both too old by now.

Any CF which Poch prefers, but we do need a CF. My vote though, based on availability etc, would be Berahino

My off-pitch Xmas/New Year wish list:

1) Planning permission granted with no issues on 8 Dec (I'm still not confident about the listed buildings now English Heritage are talking about judicial reviews etc.)

2) Sign Moussa Dembele or other 18-20 YO CF (not another WF like Berahino or anyone at around their peak)

3) Sell Carroll, Townsend and Fazio to completely trim our squad to size/create space for Winks, Pritchard, 2CV etc.

4) New contracts for Oduwa, Veljkovic and possibly Verts

5) Professional contracts for Edwards and Yahaya, who both become old enough next month

Last edited:
Pato
Negredo
Lambert
Berahino
Austin
Dembele mi

In terms of the older players:
- Negredo is the one that appeals most to me, as he is an out-and-out CF like Kane and we know can deliver at the business end of the table/Europe. His current situation (fallen out with coach and excluded from matchday squads) is quite desperate in a Euros year, so I think would be fairly gettable
- Pato is a fantastic talent and for a modest fee would be worth a risk (3 seasons injury free now)
- Lambert would reek of Saha
- Austin would reek of Rasiak

In terms of the younger two:
- I've seen very little of Dembele, but he sounds the right sort of profile. Young enough not to mind being Kane's understudy, but developed enough and similar enough to Kane to step up to the plate when called upon
- Berahino is a good player, but too similar to Son/Njie/Chadli/Lamela and all the other WFs we've already got who aren't quite right for Kane's #9 role

So my preferences would be:
1) Dembele (or similar low-profile high-potential kid)
2) Negredo
3) Pato

I would definitely take Pato. He seems to fit the profile, he's quick and has the ability to press, can drop deep like Kane, and hes not that old (26 I believe), and has experience at a high level.. my only doubt is the PL experience, which I think is important for a January signing.

Not sure Negredo will fit our style, although he would offer something different.

Negredo on loan until the end of the season ONLY to give us another option up front and him some playing time before the Euros.

Then let Poch determine a permanent striking alternative in the Summer.

In terms of the older players:
- Negredo is the one that appeals most to me, as he is an out-and-out CF like Kane and we know can deliver at the business end of the table/Europe. His current situation (fallen out with coach and excluded from matchday squads) is quite desperate in a Euros year, so I think would be fairly gettable - As a loan it would be an option for me
- Pato is a fantastic talent and for a modest fee would be worth a risk (3 seasons injury free now) - is he though as i would have thought a bigger side would want him if so, and is it just a case of hyping someone because of where they have been rather than what they have achieved/done? Also it won't be a modest fee will it. I thought they were talking £10M mark
- Lambert would reek of Saha - agree
- Austin would reek of Rasiak - why??? he has scored constintently in this country and at this level in the only chance he had for a mediocre side??

In terms of the younger two:
- I've seen very little of Dembele, but he sounds the right sort of profile. Young enough not to mind being Kane's understudy, but developed enough and similar enough to Kane to step up to the plate when called upon - what I've seen of him he looks exciting and agree he fits the profile
- Berahino is a good player, but too similar to Son/Njie/Chadli/Lamela and all the other WFs we've already got who aren't quite right for Kane's #9 role - disagree about his likeness to a wide forward but he isn't that similar to kane either. I think we need a physical presence as a num

So my preferences would be:
1) Dembele (or similar low-profile high-potential kid)
2) Negredo
3) Pato

If Negredo wants game time he won't get much with us. It's not like the 90s where every side played 4-4-2 and had 4 rotating strikers. If fit Kane plays virtually every game/minute. I don't think any established CF would come to us right now (Unless we finished top 4). More likely to be a 18-21yo like GB suggested such as Dembele etc. that would possibly be satisfied with FA Cup, maybe few Europa and also 20-30mins in PL games.

Chelsea to continue their dismal run of form outside of the Champs League (only for co-efficient points mind) Arsenal to wobble further... and the Klopp effect at Liverpool to collapse. Leicester to return to a more normal mid table station, and Utd to continue drifting... whilst we remain unbeaten and get no injuries this season, and we sell Andros.

Is that too much to ask?

New contract for Oduwa is a good one...surprised we didn't tie him down before sending him out on loan

Back