• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christmas Parties

who are you then? gok wan(g)?

I'm currently most likely to dress as AVB, who I think most would agree is a very sharp dresser indeed.

You'll find some sage advice in the Big Gay Fashion thread in Random if you want some help.

slightly OT but we're having our work christmas party tommorow and I've got to make a playlist. Suggestions, christmas or non christmas songs?

I have to work with 'em. I don't have to go out with 'em. Jesus, the non offensive excuses I have had to come up with.
Funnily enough their ones are even better.

A-ZTPMyCYAA-7qq.jpg

Soccernet's Delaney mentioned Jose Mourinho's Chel$ki are the only side ever to record 4 wins out of 4 festive games in premier league history. Benitez's current team could still equal that record.

AVB's team scored 10 and could have won the other. Have to say 10 out of 12 is still an impressive record!

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11661/8310713/

Interesting one this. I think AVB is trying very hard to not come across as out of touch to the squad and given his experiences with Chelsea is trying very hard to focus on building team spirit. It's a nice idea, but I think I'm in the Harry camp for this.

Harry put on the Christmas party ban in 2009

These parties would normally take place in mid-December, with a few festive Christmas drinks surely likely to take place. Here's our results from December 15th through to our first game of the New Year in each of those seasons:

2009:

Spurs 3-0 Emirates Marketing Project W
Blackburn 0-2 Spurs W
Fulham 0-0 Spurs D
Spurs 2-0 West Ham W
Spurs 4-0 Peterborough W

2010:

Spurs 1-1 Chelsea D
Aston Villa 1-2 Spurs W
Spurs 2-0 Saudi Sportswashing Machine W
Spurs 1-0 Fulham W

2011:

Shamrock Rovers 0-4 Spurs W
Spurs 1-0 Sunderland W
Spurs 1-1 Chelsea D
Norwich 0-2 Sprus W
Swansea 1-1 Spurs D
Spurs 1-0 West Brom W

We seemed to perform very impressively against teams who perhaps were still nursing a hangover the day before in training.

Given his lack of squad rotation for European games, dismissing it as "they'll be ok" when the weekend comes around, and his leniency on issues like this, I do think AVB's non-playing career is becoming quite obvious here as I don't think he really grasps what a difference the slightest bit of fitness can make at the top level. What do you lot think, should they be allowed a Christmas party or not?

Four wins and a draw. 10 goals scored. 2 conceded.......

I suspect that he grasps rather more about player fitness and team bonding than you give him credit for.

In fact, I'd say that he grasps a fudge of a lot more.

There's a balance to be had. If you let the squad go crazy and go out on the tinkle and sleeping with women until the early hours then it may increase moral, but could cause problems with drunken incidents and will ensure that the players won't be fresh for games etc. I think if the players believe in what the manager does and the manager trusts them to restrain themselves then a bit of team bonding over a meal can't be a bad thing. We don't know what he said to the players - could have been 'If I hear that you've been off to a nightclub drinking all amounts then you won't play. End of.'

Christmas period - ENDED.

Back