• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Pulisic

Officials stating categorically that players won't be sold is often also gonads, though. Just look at Klopp's comments about Liverpool not selling Coutinho.

I'd say it's more to do with the player's wishes than the club's at the end of the day. If they want to go they go regardless of the club's stance.

Possibly but at best you might get this guy for £80m, so still it absolutely is not happening

I am not saying we can or will pay a huge sum for him but with the greatest of respect......

Here we go again - another person speaking in absolutes when, in reality, they know fudge all about what is really going on behind the scenes at Lilywhite House. It's as if saying something with the utmost authority suddenly gives it more gravitas than it actually warrants.

You have an opinion, mate. Just because you think it won't happen it doesn't make you the font of all knowledge.

I know it shouldn't but that sort of post winds me up a bit. With the greatest of respect.

Have we actually even been linked with this guy?

Just reading the BBC sport site and they mention Chelsea are favourites for him and that Liverpool have been linked for a long time, no mention of Spurs.

But I know he’s been spoken about on here for a year or two, was that just fans saying they wanted him then? I was under the impression (hoped) we’d actually been looking at him in an official capacity?

Just reading the BBC sport site and they mention Chelsea are favourites for him and that Liverpool have been linked for a long time, no mention of Spurs.

But I know he’s been spoken about on here for a year or two, was that just fans saying they wanted him then? I was under the impression (hoped) we’d actually been looking at him in an official capacity?

Similar to other wildly aspirational targets, in particular Kovacic, I don't think there's been much at all and with a lot of Spurs transfers in recent years (eg Aurier, Moura, Sanchez) our deals tend to be speculated about in the media in the weeks before, presumably as we make approaches early to suss out the availability, but don't make moves til later. There's the odd exception like Llorente mind you which come out of the blue, however those don't mean we're in for Pulisic or Kovacic

Sanchez was out of the blue. I was on holiday the week we signed him and there'd been no link/mention before I left. He'd been at the club a few days by the time I got back a week later. The whole link-to-signing thing can't have lasted more than 3-4 days

I think there was a tenuous link, but nothing substantial.

However, I also think he is very much a Spurs buy, fits the MO perfectly - which adds a lot of credibility to it (perhaps unreasonably).

19, huge potential, in an area we need, opening up the US market even further, iffy contract situation meaning he might be attainable... Its a Tottenham buy all day long.

I dont see it as necessary, to be honest.

Either keep Llorente, use youth, or indeed have Lamela as a false 9.

Not being able to cover CF is far from a deal breaker for me.

Last edited:
Sanchez was out of the blue. I was on holiday the week we signed him and there'd been no link/mention before I left. He'd been at the club a few days by the time I got back a week later. The whole link-to-signing thing can't have lasted more than 3-4 days
The noise on Sanchez started a good couple of weeks before he joined. He even had a little mini strike, not turning up for training at Ajax for a few days to push it along.

The thing that concerns me is that he's only really a WF. He doesn't cover CF, like Son can do.

To me that's what put Martial ahead of all the other attackers we seem to be linked with - he's a genuine option at CF as well
I am with you here.... It is also why I think Poch has interest in Zaha.

I read a piece that interviewed his father. He categorically stated he would not move this season and would stay in Germany and that the next move would be considered very carefully as have all of his moves from the age of 9/10! He did mention us as having shown interest by name along with Chelsea and Liverpool but that was it.

I read a piece that interviewed his father. He categorically stated he would not move this season and would stay in Germany and that the next move would be considered very carefully as have all of his moves from the age of 9/10! He did mention us as having shown interest by name along with Chelsea and Liverpool but that was it.

You left out the part where he referred to speculation linking Christian with clubs like Spurs and Chelsea as "Hogwash".

He's not coming to Spurs so let's just get on with the rest of our lives, eh?

Good move for him if true imo.

Back