• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

I feel like he’s a good mate who’s been staying at my house and was very welcome over Christmas.

But now we’re into the 3rd week of January and the clam is still dossing on my sofa and generally making the place look untidy. He does the dishes every other day in a slightly half arsed way, and it’s not really helping as we’ve got a new dishwasher I’ve not plugged in yet.

I just want him to fudge off now and let me have my lounge back.

This is a weird thing to aim at a number 10 really - they are not in the team to tackle.

De Bruyne shows that to be completely false. He does everything and does everything well. There's a reason the #10 died out and it's that you can't afford to build teams around single players unless they are World Class (Messi, Ronaldo).

Otherwise you're relying on your #10 playing well every game. When he doesn't the whole attack is worse plus you're a man light defensively.

Fair enough if you are happy with his input off the ball - I'm not and neither are plenty others.

Edit:

And for the record i would say that avoiding making challenges like what we see from Eriksen on a regular basis most definitely is shirking your responsibilities

The stats simply don’t back up him shirking his responsibility on tackles.

Even this season he is average on minutes played/tackles.

https://www.premierleague.com/stats/top/players/total_tackle?se=274&cl=21

https://www.whoscored.com/Teams/30/Archive/England-Tottenham?stageId=16368

Season before - again nothing stands out being bad.

De Bruyne shows that to be completely false. He does everything and does everything well. There's a reason the #10 died out and it's that you can't afford to build teams around single players unless they are World Class (Messi, Ronaldo).

Otherwise you're relying on your #10 playing well every game. When he doesn't the whole attack is worse plus you're a man light defensively.
Eriksen was never a 10 for us anyway.

The stats simply don’t back up him shirking his responsibility on tackles.

Even this season he is average on minutes played/tackles.

https://www.premierleague.com/stats/top/players/total_tackle?se=274&cl=21

https://www.whoscored.com/Teams/30/Archive/England-Tottenham?stageId=16368

Season before - again nothing stands out being bad.

I don't think they produce a stat for dodging/pulling out of challenges so until they do i will go with what i see at the games myself.

We looked much more potent when he came on, we started to get serious numbers in their box as the ball was moved much quicker and with more purpose. He even made two tackles and dispossessed the opposition [emoji28]

As much as I'm very ready to move on from him I don't believe Dele is the player to replace him.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk

We looked much more potent when he came on, we started to get serious numbers in their box as the ball was moved much quicker and with more purpose. He even made two tackles and dispossessed the opposition [emoji28]

As much as I'm very ready to move on from him I don't believe Dele is the player to replace him.

I agree. Lo Celso ‘might’ be a possibility to replace, if not then we’ll have to enter the market. I think Grealish was the player Poch had in mind as Eriksen’s successor and that was a deal we should’ve done 18 months ago.

Dele is playing too deep. Dele, Maura and Son should be our frontline ATM in no particular order.
I would still keep Eriksen IF he is/was happy to stay.

I feel like he’s a good mate who’s been staying at my house and was very welcome over Christmas.

But now we’re into the 3rd week of January and the clam is still dossing on my sofa and generally making the place look untidy. He does the dishes every other day in a slightly half arsed way, and it’s not really helping as we’ve got a new dishwasher I’ve not plugged in yet.

I just want him to fudge off now and let me have my lounge back.
But every now and then, you see one of his exquisite balls, and think he might still be of some use to you?

I agree. Lo Celso ‘might’ be a possibility to replace, if not then we’ll have to enter the market. I think Grealish was the player Poch had in mind as Eriksen’s successor and that was a deal we should’ve done 18 months ago.
I think we've ended up with the plan being Ndombele adding creativity from deep (and he does, massively) and Lo Celso maybe to sit o6n there as well or maybe directly replace Eriksen although I don't think he's exactly the same type of player. It does feel like we started towards a 433 but miss the DM and RWF we need to really complete the shape.

I was very surprised with the level of physicality and commitment he showed in this game, we haven't seen this side of him for a good 12 months.

Anyone want to hazard a guess as to why now?
  1. He has signed a contract with another club and is now back to his old self
  2. He actually cares what the fans think and has responded, a bit late for that but you never know
  3. He has signed a pre-contract with another club for the summer and is now just happier

Dele is playing too deep. Dele, Maura and Son should be our frontline ATM in no particular order.
I would still keep Eriksen IF he is/was happy to stay.

Is it a coincidence that Dele has dropped deeper again since Kane has been out? Whether on instruction or of his own accord?
Dele hasn't been near the player he was when Jose first came in and had him pushing beyond Kane. Was he safe in the knowledge that Kane could do a decent job of winning the ball and harassing in a deeper role, and now he doesn't trust anyone else to do that and so sits deeper to help the midfield?

Either way, it always seems a trend that Dele plays better when Kane is in and around him! So for me, it's like we've lost two players from this hamstring tear.

Back