• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

I hope so. He was my favourite player 2 or 3 years ago, now he should go.

So many good things I'd like to say - and should - but this season's series of mailed-in performances has pi55ed me right off. Spurs have basically allowed Erikson to use the training facilities and a regular place in the squad to ensure he stays in the shop window and fetches a decent transfer fee.

And all he can offer are these weak, insipid efforts like today? He'll be lucky to fetch half what Inter are allegedly offering.

'E can fcukin' do one for me. And send rebate cheques to Spurs fans who bought into this season.

I was there yesterday, and I thought I heard booing. Just wasn't 400%. Seems I was right

To be honest, I didn't hear the booing and was going from another poster. There was a disproportionately large cheer for the substitutions and I took that as most people being relieved Eriksen went off.

My opinion of the lad has changed. I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt but he was unprofessional yesterday and his performance was absolute poison.

He's an absolute fanny, always has been and frankly because of that i never warmed to him - good player undoubtedly but you can't get away with being so weak these days the games moved on from namby pamby playmakers, it's why no one wants Ozil either

If he had a 5 year contract then he wouldn't be playing with the primary objective of avoiding injury. Is terrible management from the club to end up in this position with several players.
Agree on the situation. It’s an odd one by Levy I think the decision must have been made to offset the difficulty of replacing the players with similar quality during the stadium build.
With Eriksen I’m not sure he recovers his form from here, it’s not a switch you can just flick as seen with the likes of Sanchez and Ozil.
If he goes in January I’ll appreciate the fact that we get some £ him at least, but he is entitled to sit it out for the rest of the season but I’d rather persevere with trying to embed a longer term player into the team.

Been played out of position every game.

He's not a central midfielder and it's no surprise when is bullied off the ball in that position.

Make up silly rumours about him and boo him off after 7 years. He was central to how we played at our best. tossers.

He's not a central midfielder and it's no surprise when is bullied off the ball in that position.

Make up silly rumours about him and boo him off after 7 years. He was central to how we played at our best. tossers.
Great post
Booing Eriksen is so ‘football fan’, thick!

Great post

Id normally agree and can even have sympathy with the "played out of position" argument but there is no excuse for ducking out of challenges, not showing for the ball or a player of his ability knocking it backwards without even looking. He did all three repeatedly yesterday and was a disgrace to his profession.

Even if he is being ‘played out of position’ he should still at least put a shift in
He isn’t and hasn’t for a good while now and that is why people are fudged off with him

Great post

Out of position? What a crock of brick. He's a midfielder. Being played a bit deeper doesn't excuse a total lack of commitment. Completely unwilling to make space for himself, hiding, not even trying to create when given the chance.

That 'performance' yesterday deserved booing and more. He's been a great player for us, no one can deny that, but it's been a long time since I can say he's played well. From this moment on he's damaging his legacy at the club and he just needs to go.

People have short memories and the negatives are very quickly stacking up.

Last edited:
Id normally agree and can even have sympathy with the "played out of position" argument but there is no excuse for ducking out of challenges, not showing for the ball or a player of his ability knocking it backwards without even looking. He did all three repeatedly yesterday and was a disgrace to his profession.
He can’t tackle his way out of paper bag! Never has!
He has given us good service and does not deserve to be booed.
Some of our fans are banal!

He can’t tackle his way out of paper bag! Never has!
He has given us good service and does not deserve to be booed.
Some of our fans are banal!

True he's never liked a challenge but there was one particularly in the first half yesterday where he looked favourite to get the ball and completely wimped out. It was sickening and looked like a player making sure he wasn't going to be hurt. He had no business being on the pitch behaving like that.

I've had plenty of time to think, nothing's changed my mind. Majority at the stadium thought the same. You're just being contrary for the sake of controversy...

No, contrariness here Mr!
Booing is childish. But also inexcusable from supposed ‘supporters’ no matter the number.

Now I agree in some parts with this! But Jose thought otherwise and that’s fine for me as he far more informed!

Yeah that's fair enough. To be fair, against Villa and Brighton, he played a huge part in us getting three points. He also did well when we controlled the game at Norwich so maybe José is looking at those things and thinking the potential to do that is worth some of the bad stuff because Lo Celso is not quite capable of that yet and Lamela is not fit enough. Personally, I disagree with José but there's a reason he's on 200k a week and I'm on a lot less than that per year. Doesn't shift my opinion on Eriksen though.

Back