• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

He isn’t close to any trophies unless Juve have a mare
The team he is joining isn’t even the biggest in their city and it’s not a nice area to live either... Milan is a real dump of a place but I’m sure there are some lovely areas for millionaires
Odd move IMO. It’s a step down in club stature
Yeah that Lake Como is an absolute brickhole

Gonna be very very hard to replace him.

like for like yes, because a pure playmakers of his creative ability are hard to come by, but i think having a 3 man midfield containing Lo Celso and Ndombele who are both good at moving the ball forwards quickly and intelligently will potentially make up for relying on one man so much

Like every transfer window, no player with any brains would sign for anyone until the end of the month/window. It just makes more sense to say 'Thanks Inter, I'm flattered but it's a big decision and I need to weigh up my options with the family etc' then see what else comes up. Considering he wanted Real before he should prob wait it out, who knows if Real or Barca get injuries they might perk up some interest. Can never do any harm to wait. It's not even like he is black balled and stuck in the reserves, Jose is still bloody giving him game time.

It's just been done to us 100 times so I dont understand when people start rubbing their hands together thinking oh great the window is open today, maybe Levy can stop haggling and get something done early. It just doesnt happen (Ok one or 2 exceptions where a young player has his heart set on a certain move like the Liverpool signing last week etc).
Saying that, It feels like this January we def need some new players and also a lot of current ones need shifting asap and it's not gonna be easy to get it all done in a few weeks.
I wonder if Jose will still get the players in that he wants IF the deadwood dont agree to any moves (or Levy doesnt get the fees he wants). Will the club back whatever he wants to do.. I would assume they feel they have to

(Apologies prob more Transfer Discussion than Eriksen specific)

I wonder if Jose will still get the players in that he wants IF the deadwood dont agree to any moves (or Levy doesnt get the fees he wants). Will the club back whatever he wants to do.. I would assume they feel they have to

(Apologies prob more Transfer Discussion than Eriksen specific)
This is Spurs and Levy we’re talking about here.... Of course we Jose won’t be allowed incomings before outgoings... that just doesn’t happen under Levy.

like for like yes, because a pure playmakers of his creative ability are hard to come by, but i think having a 3 man midfield containing Lo Celso and Ndombele who are both good at moving the ball forwards quickly and intelligently will potentially make up for relying on one man so much

The more I see of Lo Celso the less bothered I am if Eriksen even plays. I like the lad a lot, and I think he did more in 30 odd minutes yesterday than Eriksen in 90.

Man Utd could be set for a boost in their hopes of signing Christian Eriksen, as Inter Milan consider pulling out of a deal.

The Italian club are interested in signing Tottenham's Danish midfielder, and were eyeing up a January transfer.

Eriksen is out of contract in the summer, but Inter were planning to steal a march on rival clubs and test Spurs' resolve with a £20 million bid to land him this month.

Tottenham would rather sell Eriksen now than lose him for nothing in the summer, and would prefer him to move abroad.

However Inter boss Antonio Conte may have thrown a spanner in the works, as he has reportedly identified Barcelona's Arturo Vidal as a better option.

According to Corriere della Sera (via Sport Witness ), Conte wants a midfielder with experience of playing in Serie A.

Vidal fits the bill, having previously spent four seasons with Juventus , three of which were under Conte's management.

The pair won three Serie A titles together, and the former Chelsea boss is keen on reuniting with Vidal at the San Siro.

Conte is said to have informed the Inter board that if signing both Vidal and Eriksen is not possible, he would prioritise a move for his old colleague.

That could then leave the door open for Man Utd to swoop in and tempt Eriksen with a switch to Old Trafford.

Should Eriksen not leave Spurs this month, he is likely to run down the remainder of his contract before leaving on a free at the end of the season.

The 27-year-old is already able to enter negotiations with interested clubs ahead of a potential summer move.

Vidal meanwhile is desperate to end his stay at the Nou Camp, as he is currently suing Barcelona over an unpaid bonus in relation to appearances.

Barca boss Ernesto Valverde has said the issue would not affect Vidal's selection in the team, but club chiefs are annoyed at the legal wrangle and are not thought to be keen on retaining the 32-year-old beyond this season.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/man-utd-handed-christian-eriksen-21222737

Gonna be very very hard to replace him.
mannequin_1.1517500513.jpg

Agreed however his general play and dictation of play, when it chooses to appear, will be very hard to replace, such players are gold dust. Think Carrick and Modric.
Oh totally agree, the 2017/18 Eriksen would be incredibly hard to replace, trouble is we see that version very rarely now.

You may be right mate ( and i hope you are) but its not going to be easy and he will leave a big hole in out team if we do not.

Back