• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

I've always thought that he might drop back as he got older but I'm surprised that Mourinho is playing him there. It'll be interesting to see how it develops.

It would be a miracle, one sadly I don’t see happening but I agree with you on this topic.

WOuld like him to stay and turn into a Modric style CM, however really dont see it. Even if neither of the Spanish giants come in for him, he's always said the move was about exeriencing a different culture/environment/setup etc, and I cant believe that he wont have some decent offers (e.g. Bayern, PSG, big Italian team, etc)

WOuld like him to stay and turn into a Modric style CM, however really dont see it. Even if neither of the Spanish giants come in for him, he's always said the move was about exeriencing a different culture/environment/setup etc, and I cant believe that he wont have some decent offers (e.g. Bayern, PSG, big Italian team, etc)

I don't see it either but you can dream

He doesn't have half the attributes required to become another Modric

He's a bit soft but he's always covered a lot of ground and would press further forward. Modric rarely tackled but he was exceptional at making interceptions. There would be a lot of work to get him anywhere close but it is interesting that is where Mourinho is playing him.

Pretty clear Eriksen has made up his mind to leave and that's that. My guess is JM has come to terms with this and now wants him sold asap in January in order to top up funds for HIS choice of player(s).

The big question for me is where will Eriksen end up going? JM has said his first priority is to do what is best for the club which ought to rule out selling to a PL rival. But ominously enough Levy recently stated he is not against selling to a PL rival per se. Levy has also indicated that whilst there IS money in the kitty there is also a need to sell before we buy, especially, you'd imagine, if we want to buy big. No doubt this was the sort of thing JM wanted assurances about before he took the job.

We know Eriksen is keen to move to Spain, but what if RM are not up for offering a big fee? This whole thing has been dragging on so long it maybe the Dane no longer cares that much where he ends up so long as its somewhere else.

And that JM is in such desperate need to maximise his funds he's actually prepared to sell to the highest bidder regardless - even if that means selling to someone like United, City or even, nightmare scenario, Chavski.

Pretty clear Eriksen has made up his mind to leave and that's that. My guess is JM has come to terms with this and now wants him sold asap in January in order to top up funds for HIS choice of player(s).

The big question for me is where will Eriksen end up going? JM has said his first priority is to do what is best for the club which ought to rule out selling to a PL rival. But ominously enough Levy recently stated he is not against selling to a PL rival per se. Levy has also indicated that whilst there IS money in the kitty there is also a need to sell before we buy, especially, you'd imagine, if we want to buy big. No doubt this was the sort of thing JM wanted assurances about before he took the job.

We know Eriksen is keen to move to Spain, but what if RM are not up for offering a big fee? This whole thing has been dragging on so long it maybe the Dane no longer cares that much where he ends up so long as its somewhere else.

And that JM is in such desperate need to maximise his funds he's actually prepared to sell to the highest bidder regardless - even if that means selling to someone like United, City or even, nightmare scenario, Chavski.

Eriksen is very unlikely to go to another PL club, the general view is he wants out of England with Spain being the preferred destination.

Don't buy into the we are so desperate for funds that the 20M or so we will likely get if sold in January comes into play, this is the club playing poor so we don't overplay our hand.

Someone else's view on Eriksen (from Reddit)

Eriksen is very unlikely to go to another PL club, the general view is he wants out of England with Spain being the preferred destination.

Don't buy into the we are so desperate for funds that the 20M or so we will likely get if sold in January comes into play, this is the club playing poor so we don't overplay our hand.
Yeah I do get all that.

Just putting my worse fears ( :eek: ) out there. :D

Back