• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

Jose knows what Eriksen provides.

As many pointed out when he was appointed Jose leans towards experienced pros because he can their already developed performance level. He's probably unsure of what Lo Celso offers, he does t know if he can trust him. The signings we made this summer as much as they have clear talent are not directly suited to Jose M.O.

Given time I'm sure they will gain his trust but it may take some time.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk
And to be fair he’d have seen a lot more of the lies of Aurier, Dier and Eriksen in his role as an opposition manager, the newbies will need a little more time to stake their claim in training. By the same token he should have also seen the weaknesses in the higher profile players so he shouldn’t have to stick with them once he’s got a feel for the newer members of the squad.

Jose knows what Eriksen provides.

As many pointed out when he was appointed Jose leans towards experienced pros because he can their already developed performance level. He's probably unsure of what Lo Celso offers, he does t know if he can trust him. The signings we made this summer as much as they have clear talent are not directly suited to Jose M.O.

Given time I'm sure they will gain his trust but it may take some time.

He has said it himself, he has tried to provide stability for the players.

Its really new manager 101 stuff, isnt it?

Stick with your reliable pros/internationals, settle things down, build from there.

It would be unfair to start putting green players into a volatile situation.

Though I fully expect in time Eriksen (and others) to be pushed aside as Lo Celso/Sessegnon etc come to the fore.

https://www.90min.com/posts/6514088-exclusive-christian-eriksen-expecting-pre-contract-offers-in-january-his-stance-on-man-utd-move?utm_source=RSS

Exclusive: Christian Eriksen Expecting Pre-Contract Offers in January & His Stance on Man Utd Move

Jamie Spencer
09 DEC 2019

Manchester United retain their longstanding interest in Tottenham Hotspur midfielder Christian Eriksen as the January transfer window approaches, but the Old Trafford club is set to face significant competition for the Dane’s signature from many of Europe’s biggest sides.

Eriksen is out of contract at Spurs at the end of this season and is set to leave the club - either in summer as a free agent, or next month if a transfer fee is agreed with his current employer.

United have held an interest in Eriksen for a number of years. That interest has not gone away, although there would need to be an indication from the player or his representatives that it is reciprocated as Eriksen has turned them down in the past.

“Of course, the club would be interested,” a United source has told 90min.

“The club have a longstanding interest in Eriksen, but the player would need to make it known he is keen on the move – something he hasn’t been in previous windows.”

Eriksen could be available for as little as £40m in January as a result of his contract situation. Spurs have been forced to slash their asking price as failing to sell when the winter window opens in just three weeks’ time will result in them losing him for free come summer.

For a player of 27, at his peak, and seen as one of the best attacking midfielders in Europe, that is a relatively small price to pay. But United are also set to face a lot of competition if they do get a positive indication from the player and seriously pursue him in January.

That is because Eriksen’s expiring contract will allow him to formally speak to foreign clubs as soon as he enters the final six months of the deal on New Year’s Day and potentially negotiate a pre-contract agreement for a free transfer in the summer.

90min has learned that Eriksen is therefore keeping his options open in the expectation that he will have such offers to consider from almost every big club in Europe - including the likes of Juventus, Real Madrid, Barcelona and Bayern Munich.

I think last night will have been the nail in the coffin of his time here.

At least I hope so.

Jose is a pragmatist, even if Eriksen is leaving, if Jose can make use of him he will.

I think last night was Eriksens chance to prove his worth.

And Id say he failed.

Which was entirely predictable, considering just how poor he has been.

He has been that bad, Im beginning to wonder if he will be able to resurrect his form when he finally does get a move. If I were a buying club Id have severe reservations about him, and how badly his head and form have gone.

A new Eriksen song.
Eriksen wooaah, Eriksen Wooaah
He used to make us tick, but now he makes us sick. Eriksen wooaah etc

I expect to hear it sung at Wolves on the Weekend.

I raise you...

Eriksen-sen-sen, he's a fudgein pussy twunt
Eriksen-sen-sen, and he wasn't worth a punt
To Re-al, Real Madrid, got no Barcelona bid
Oh, he used to be a Yid...
Now we all want fudgein rid
Eriksen-sen-sen etc

Last edited:
I just don't get why Jose/Poch keeps/kept picking him
fudge him off
Especially on the bench.

If he did a Ramsey and gave his all then he be a starter.
When he is off form (disinterested) then he is of no use and there is no incentive for us to try and help him regain form / confidence / interest.
I can understand if Poch was hoping he’d change his mind, had loyalty towards him or thought he still needed to be around the squad but I thought Jose would be more cut throat with him (and a couple of others)

If he is still here after January it'll be the biggest joke.

How we're still looking at this situation with no idea what's going to happen is absurd and doesn't benefit anyone. Each game it's so much clearer A - When defending how skilled he is at getting vaguely close to the ball but not affecting the situation in any way whatsoever and B - When attacking his touch is abysmal, he is bringing shame upon the Ajax academy at times with his close control this season....

If he is still here after January it'll be the biggest joke.

How we're still looking at this situation with no idea what's going to happen is absurd and doesn't benefit anyone. Each game it's so much clearer A - When defending how skilled he is at getting vaguely close to the ball but not affecting the situation in any way whatsoever and B - When attacking his touch is abysmal, he is bringing shame upon the Ajax academy at times with his close control this season....
Can't we loan him to someone for the rest of the season if he doesn't go in January?

Back