1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice

Christian Eriksen

Discussion in 'Spurs News & Views' started by spurspinter1, 30 Aug 2013.

1. DubaiSpur

DubaiSpur Chris Perry

To be fair, I don't think Levy's at fault for this. It's just one of those things - we thought they would sign, Poch thought they would sign, they didn't. Given that the environment at the club has generally been one of trust for the past couple of years, and other key players have signed deals (Dele, Hugo, Kane), it didn't seem unreasonable.

Personally, I think we're on the cusp of a sea change when it comes to players - the era of Bosmans is about to come about. Players are now educated enough to know that they hold the cards as their contracts tick down, and clubs are willing to pay massive wages and signing-on fees to get them on frees. In general, that outweighs any risk from a potential injury close to the end of the deal - because players know that their current clubs would prefer they sign a contract anyway, just to get some money for them later. There's no real risk to running down your contract that outweighs the potential benefits if you're fit and firing when it ends.

There are a lot of big players with contracts ending over the next two years. Time will tell, but I'm betting a lot of them will move for free.

Nuno Espirito Santo hinted as much when it came to football and the transfer market - he said we'd see a sea change in football in a couple of years, but he didn't want to be specific. I think this is what he was referring to.

2. parklane1

parklane1 Barry Daines

No problems about not agreeing it would be a boring world if we all thought he same. You are right about Utd being at a low bar and that is why i do not want him going there as he would lift that bar for them, no doubt in my mind.

Yermiyahu likes this.
  3. Finney Is Back

Finney Is Back Dean Richards

A fully focused Eriksen lifts the bar for almost anyone. You cannot have his goals/assists record over a number of years record without being a very good player.

Robbo, Kandi1977, thfcsteff and 2 others like this.
  4. Jon

Jon Paul Stalteri

Strange thing is, I think a new manager/new voice would see a quick return to his best form and the signing of a new contract.

Especially as Madrid don’t seem bothered now.

Bedfordspurs and Kandi1977 like this.
  5. thfcsteff

thfcsteff Barry Daines Staff Member

if that is true he can fudge riiiiiiiight orf! Again I offer Modric as an example, a player who gave everything despite knowing he wanted to leave for Madrid.

6. Jon

Jon Paul Stalteri

Worse still, it was Chelsea originally!

7. Kandi1977

Kandi1977 Jack Jull

Maybe there are people in the squad he just doesn't go along with. Or maybe even Poch. You're not very keen to hang around if there are issues at work. We simply don't know, so should not judge others decisions based on no info at all.

Robbo and Spur of the moment like this.
  8. Finney Is Back

Finney Is Back Dean Richards

It was any team that would pay him the far larger wage (just as it is with any player).

9. Spur of the moment

Spur of the moment Paul Stalteri

Yep, too many fans simply guessing.

Cannot find the quote now but Eriksen apologised recently for his poor form saying something like 'people don't know what's going on in my head.'

10. Jon

Jon Paul Stalteri

Chelsea made a firm bid though.

£10m more than Madrid paid a year later.

11. Jordinho

Jordinho John White Staff Member

Thought that was a fake quote.

12. Spur of the moment

Does that include Eriksen? Has reportedly turned down Atletico and Man United.

13. Spur of the moment

If so, I stand corrected.

But the point remains.

14. Jon

Jon Paul Stalteri

It was. Absolutely never fails to amaze me how many people blindly believe anything they see on the internet as the profile picture looks right!

It takes 3 seconds of due diligence to check these things out. No wonder so many people give their life savings to strangers over the internet, sadly.

15. glasgowspur

glasgowspur Paul Stalteri

As some are saying are Eriksens form is at least in part responsible for our drop in form who do we keep and hope they can turn it around, Eriksen or poch.?

16. Bedfordspurs

Bedfordspurs Chris Jones

Poch
    One wants to be here and the other doesn’t

17. thfcsteff

thfcsteff Barry Daines Staff Member

But you said that you'd look after them well for me!!! I certainly did not expect you to blow the entire lot of six Curley Wurleys and two bottles of R Whites!

Jon and Yermiyahu like this.
  18. Spur of the moment

See above!

Jon likes this.
  19. SteveAWOL

SteveAWOL Jimmy Neighbour

I think that ship might’ve sailed...

20. Modric THFC

Modric THFC Johnny Morrison

Watch him absolutely embarrass Ireland tonight on Sky playing against Stevens, McGoldrick, Egan and Robinson that looked so good for Sheffield United.