• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

I genuinely forgot about Eriksen. The first time that has happened since he joined!

We do not need him.

Its been an utter falsehood that we somehow cannot play without him.

As good as he is, he is entirely replaceable.

And you know what? Alli brought something to that position Eriksen never has before tonight. Some actual bite, and physicality, and desire.

Spent the whole game warming up down in the corner. Long may it continue.

I’d prefer to see him warming up for the reserves.

We do not need him.

And you know what? Alli bought something to that position Eriksen never has before tonight. Some actual bite, and physicality, and desire.

Could not agree more. He’s been great for us on occasions; on just as many others he’s been invisible.

I don't care whether we can/cannot do without him.
He is the past, by his own choice - now we build a way to play with Son,Dele,Ndombele, LoCelso,Lamela attacking.
It will create chances in different ways.
This for me. He was an excellent player for us in the main until the last 8-9 months. His time is now over and we need to move on without him and Toby. Shame we couldn’t sell them both in the summer and put some money towards the re-build.

We do not need him.

And you know what? Alli bought something to that position Eriksen never has before tonight. Some actual bite, and physicality, and desire.
He's replaceable now that we have a CM that can pass in Ndombele. Precious to the Ndombele signing then I think it was fair to say he was irreplaceable as we had no passing creativity in the team.

It still remains to be seen how effective the new personnel turn out to be. I am very optimistic re Ndombele.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk

Alli and Lamela can have filled in for him already.

NDombele helps, but isn't the difference maker.

Eriksen is quality, but far from irreplaceable, as has always been the case
Ali isn't a playmaker and Lamela is too one footed and ultimately isn't good enough to have replace Eriksen. I also hope he would be a quality alternative, but he's a good squad to have but to be the starting ACM he's no where near good enough.

Ndombele with either of them ahead of him can be a difference maker It means that they can receive the ball earlier and with better quality than any of the service any of the remaining CMs can provide.

Also it's not that Eriksen was irreplaceable per se I never thought he was that amazing a player but more that we had no quality alternative options to him so for us he was until Ndombele arrived irreplaceable.

Alli and Lamela can have filled in for him already.

NDombele helps, but isn't the difference maker.

Eriksen is quality, but far from irreplaceable, as has always been the case
Neither Dele nor Lamela are as good as a peak, fully focused Eriksen (although Dele does have a few years before he reaches his peak years) but, irrespective of that, now is definitely the right time to be playing the players who are part of our future. We would probably be a bit better with a focused Eriksen giving 100%, but we’re not going to get that Eriksen unfortunately.

No alternative if you try and go like for like.

Plenty of you're prepared to set the team up as more of a unit.

Lamela played an Eriksen-ish role against Leicester very well.

Last night Alli was brilliant, imo, whether you class him as playmaker or not

I prefer creativity to be borne out of the team, shape, tempo etc more so than a single player

I prefer creativity to be borne out of the team, shape, tempo etc more so than a single player

I'm happy for the creativity to come from the team shape it's something I've been saying for years that we needed to add a CM who could pass and sign a versatile alternative to Eriksen so I understand your sentiment exactly.

Where we differ is that o don't believe what we had prior to this season was good enough to stand in for Eriksen. Now though with potentially Ndombele, Lo Celso and Winks in and around the midfield that overall creativity should be increased mad less reliant on a singular player.

This has always been the transition issue, creativity needs to come from somewhere other than FBs and Eriksen. And we are not going to buy another Eriksen (very few like him)

So agree, N'dombele & Lamela (who also seems to play his best when he, Son & Kane are together) can provide a lot of attacking setup, and hopefully Lo Celso adds to that.

I do still think people are underestimating what a fit Lamela can do (probably because we have never seen one), but his goals and assists this year from preseason on has been pretty consistent. I think he will be the surprise player of year if he can stay fit all season.

Back