• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

In my books, a player's world class status is defined by a simple question: how often does he win the game for you almost single-handed. Harry has done that plenty of times. Carragher compared Bale with Eriksen in terms of transfer must-do's. Bale - playing for an average Wales - got them to the Nations Cup semi-finals practically on his own. When could you say that about Eriksen? [/QUOTE]

I think you sell Eriksen a bit short here. He did carry Denmark into the World Cup almost single handedly --- https://www.independent.co.uk/sport...eriksen-nicholas-bendtner-goals-a8055236.html

Ultimately, he is clearly a critically important player for us, even if one just looks at his stats. His involvement is often pivotal as indicated by the fact that he is almost always played. He may not be in the top 10 in world overall, but is probably in the top 20 in his position. However one slices it, it would be a loss although that could be ameliorated depending upon how we play from here onwards and how the new signings perform.

I wouldn’t want to lose either, but if I had to pick one to sell it would be Kane over CE.

We have shown we can cope without Kane.

Kane is arguably the best striker on the world

Eriksen is debatable if he is world class (I believe he is)

One wants to be here and plays through thick and thin... the other rarely gets injured but has expressed a desire to NOT age here

I think there's plenty would argue.
Would he get picked in front of Messi, kdb, silver, hazard, CR, bale?
Unlikely imho.

Only KDB allays the same position and Eriksen has been better for club and country statistically I believe

And don’t forget Eriksen isn’t playing for the financially doped side

Don’t think that means but KDB isnt world class as he

Agree with your sentiment, but I think its more than simply he isnt recognised because he isnt a glamour type player - Modric is in a similar mould and that hasnt stopped him receiving the biggest accolades. If Eriksen really was the top player some want to insist he is, he wouldnt just be putting in performances like we saw against Aston Villa against standard PL sides. He would be changing games against the biggest teams on the big stages - how many times has he done that for us when we've needed it? Not often. Game winning performances against top level opposition in top level competitions is what gets you noticed as a 'world class' player. For me he simply hasnt done that anywhere near as much as a player of his talent should have, and why he will always be that level below those considered the top talents. That is not to dismiss his stint at Spurs at all, he has been great and like you say not easily replaced - but if he'd had that little bit extra something whether it be desire, hunger or whatever he really should have been considered in the same bracket as the top top talents currently playing....

And again I think there is some short memory here

He was outstanding in our previous seasons CL games vs Madrid at Wembley and also Juve away for example

He was also brilliant at Chelsea when we won 3-1

The key with eriksen is he makes others shine

And using your logic it means defensive played wouldn’t get recognised

I’ll say again... for eriksen to put in the best stats in his position than anyone else in this league, despite not playing for the team that’s top shows something that seems to be ignored

Really?
How did we cope last season in the run-in without Kane?
There's "coping without Kane" and there's still playing to your top levels without Kane, two totally different things

Got to the champions league final without him , the form also dipped when he came back into the side....

I think there's plenty would argue.
Would he get picked in front of Messi, kdb, silver, hazard, CR, bale?
Unlikely imho.
I think you've got the wrong end of the stick because you are agreeing with me! My exact words were: 'Few would argue Eriksen is right up there among the world's greatest ...'

Think about it! :D

He was the main reason and most fans at the games said/thought the same, you have your own opinion which is fine even if it is a minority one. :p
I think we all that facts are proven or not by how many people think they are right, that's not a fact, that's a majority opinion.
And you are presenting your opinion as fact.

Do you not think that might have been because Eriksen came on we started creating more.

If Son had been fit, ditto Dele, they also would’ve made a big difference due to their movement and dynamics. Eriksen was definitely a difference maker, no denying it, but we have others.

We have chosen to play our football through him for several years, which means as good as he is we give him the platform to dictate the day.

As for the Kane stuff mentioned by Lego, ludicrous IMO. I STILL think Kane is one of our very best passers when he drops in.
The truth is, we should continue enjoying them both while both remain with us.

Eriksen and Kane are totally different players and of equal importance for completely different reasons.

Comparing them is as silly as that scouse prick who created this as a topic of discussion.

And again I think there is some short memory here

He was outstanding in our previous seasons CL games vs Madrid at Wembley and also Juve away for example

He was also brilliant at Chelsea when we won 3-1

The key with eriksen is he makes others shine

And using your logic it means defensive played wouldn’t get recognised

I’ll say again... for eriksen to put in the best stats in his position than anyone else in this league, despite not playing for the team that’s top shows something that seems to be ignored
I don’t have a short memory, I never said he’s never done it - I said he doesn’t do it enough. All you’ve done is highlight the point, he can do it when he wants to. And he needs to do it in semis and finals that make us win things like what Hazard has done for Chelsea if he wants to be in that top bracket.

On the subject of Eriksen v Kane whilst it would be hard to find a like for like Eriksen replacement you can find other systems and ways of being creative with different personnel. Putting the ball in the back of the net is the hardest thing to do, and to replace the amount of guaranteed goals Kane gives you would be a much harder task....

I don’t have a short memory, I never said he’s never done it - I said he doesn’t do it enough. All you’ve done is highlight the point, he can do it when he wants to. And he needs to do it in semis and finals that make us win things like what Hazard has done for Chelsea if he wants to be in that top bracket.

On the subject of Eriksen v Kane whilst it would be hard to find a like for like Eriksen replacement you can find other systems and ways of being creative with different personnel. Putting the ball in the back of the net is the hardest thing to do, and to replace the amount of guaranteed goals Kane gives you would be a much harder task....

Hazard did it at Chelsea playing at number 10 or number 9

He never did it playing creator

Hell he even took a year off

The only thing I can remember Eriksen doing today was backing out of tackles he should have made.

It was another performance which helps to illustrate why Barca and Real aren’t biting, even at a reduced price.

Others were certainly just as anonymous - but the difference is they aren’t expecting one of the Spanish big two to come calling.

The only thing I can remember Eriksen doing today was backing out of tackles he should have made.

It was another performance which helps to illustrate why Barca and Real aren’t biting, even at a reduced price.

Others were certainly just as anonymous - but the difference is they aren’t expecting one of the Spanish big two to come calling.
Been defending him stoutly in the teeth of criticism until now but today's was just about the worst performance I have ever seen from him.

No getting away from it, he was downright atrocious.

Back