• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

I’d still get rid. We need some changes, he’s one of the obvious ones due to his contract situation, we could get a decent amount for him, and we’re very obviously his second choice.

Getting rid would seem to be the easy part, replacing him is a lot harder. Who would you bring in?

Getting rid would seem to be the easy part, replacing him is a lot harder. Who would you bring in?
As has been discussed previously, its not about getting a direct replacement in. Its about getting in quality midfielders and potentially changing the way we play slightly so that we aren't reliant on Eriksen as the team performance is massively affected when he is off form or not playing. The standard of players we are being linked with if they are recruited would more than offset the loss of Eriksen, as good a player as he is....

I dont think it is.

He has one year on his contract. In his shoes, either his ideal club come and buy him now - or the smart move is to sit that year out and move for free next summer (possible pre contract in Jan) because you will be much more attractive to clubs and will get a better deal as well.

"Getting rid" is, IMHO, out of our hands really. We are at the mercy of someone like Madrid coming in, or not.

I think it is key we move on and make clear to incomings that they are wanted regardless. Christian will have to fight for the shirt IMO. And he should. And if it pushes him a level, plus if he gets the rest, then win-win.

I agree with this 100 percent, the burnt out Christian we saw from Feb onwards was mostly down to us managing him - never dropped/rotated whilst others have.

As has been discussed previously, its not about getting a direct replacement in. Its about getting in quality midfielders and potentially changing the way we play slightly so that we aren't reliant on Eriksen as the team performance is massively affected when he is off form or not playing. The standard of players we are being linked with if they are recruited would more than offset the loss of Eriksen, as good a player as he is....

That is my question, if not Eriksen then who? Regardless of what style we play who do you bring in?

Just push up Alli with Kane, we were more potent that way anyway.

I think it will be essential to change up our shape/tactics a bit.

Though Im also fairly certain now when you remove Eriksen from the team the whole shape is much more balanced.

Thats not to say we wouldnt miss him, but IMHO trying to get he, Son, Alli, Kane - maybe Lamela/Moura into the team always leaves someone as a round peg in a square hole, and always leaves us a little lop sided with players tendencies to come central...

Loved it when we had Dele up as a second striker, Eriksen drifting around off the flanks or off the front two and Son going wide then darting inside.
Lovely stuff

A proper holding midfield/RB that doesn’t need baby sitting will allow us to go back to this.

I can't even remember Cebellos playing and I watch a bit of RM. Is he any good? Does Poch want him?
Sounds a bit Frazier Campbell to me.

I can't even remember Cebellos playing and I watch a bit of RM. Is he any good? Does Poch want him?
Sounds a bit Frazier Campbell to me.

22. Not the most imposing CM. Potential to be a bit Modric like? Haven't seen a lot of him either. Has an eye for a pass and is tidy in possession. Is he strong and combative enough, or could he learn to be?

Report: Real Madrid to offer cash plus player deal to land Spurs star
https://www.spurs-web.com/spurs-new...fer-cash-plus-player-deal-to-land-spurs-star/

Seems around the right price to me, given the contract situation. With Cebellos probably makes it worth around the £60 million mark.

If we get Celellios do we still sign Ndombele and Lo Celso who appear to be more urgent requirements? Not sure we should sign Cebellos just because he is a player Madrid want to get rid off. I would rather have the cash or a player like Isco?

Last edited:
Back