• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

When that 'goal' went in I wasn't surprised and didn't blame Eriksen, its was so spurs that I was expecting it.
Is that sad?

I agree, there were multiple mistakes after Eriksen gave it away, which is what I expect in the dying moments of games from us anyway.

He had another poor game though overall.

I do wonder if that mistake had lead to such a deflating defeat whether that would have had an effect on him for the rest of the season. He strikes me as someone who needs to be finally tuned mentally to perform at his best and the uncertainty around the contract has impacted this season.

That said he’s picked up an assist in the last 5 games, so it’s not like he’s completely anonymous and when the team is patched up as it has been so regularly this season sometimes the conductor can only produce so much.

Eriksen should be spoken strongly to by Pochettino. That action was indefensible. Why not take the ball and either kick it upfield or run with it?

I'm not ashamed to say that moment was the angriest I can ever remember being at a player in my life. To top off what was a crap performance anyway.

Hope he turns it around and puts in some great performances for the rest of the season (and then signs a new contract). We have 7 (hopefully 8!) games left this season and I hope he steps up and provides some key winning moments, especially in the big CL games.
Lol, I'd just thumped the bar in disgust, shouted clam!, and grabbed my mobile to write a rant in this thread. My mate nudged me to say it's offside just before I could press post reply. :D

I do wonder if that mistake had lead to such a deflating defeat whether that would have had an effect on him for the rest of the season. He strikes me as someone who needs to be finally tuned mentally to perform at his best and the uncertainty around the contract has impacted this season.

That said he’s picked up an assist in the last 5 games, so it’s not like he’s completely anonymous and when the team is patched up as it has been so regularly this season sometimes the conductor can only produce so much.

He is not the conductor this season, hasnt been at his best, not sure about mentally fine tuned, think he just has his mind on 7 jobs at moment, and has no rhythmn

He played

Tip of the diamond
Right of the diamond
Middle of a 2
Wide right of a 4
Middle of a 4

Just last night, dele very similar

Last night was tough for him, and TBH, I thought he played with his head up, looking positive and covered more of the pitch than any player put there. The mistake was criminal and doubtless the product of fatigue, but on balance it might prove superb for us as those are the details which prevent moves to Barca, etc. I was resigned when it happened. I sighed. I thought of how many times we have slipped at the last second. I thought of them winning the league against QPR. And then I saw the VAR. And then I laughed. Very loudly. And was relieved for both us and Eriksen...but I felt last night he continued his climb back to influence...

Last night was tough for him, and TBH, I thought he played with his head up, looking positive and covered more of the pitch than any player put there. The mistake was criminal and doubtless the product of fatigue, but on balance it might prove superb for us as those are the details which prevent moves to Barca, etc. I was resigned when it happened. I sighed. I thought of how many times we have slipped at the last second. I thought of them winning the league against QPR. And then I saw the VAR. And then I laughed. Very loudly. And was relieved for both us and Eriksen...but I felt last night he continued his climb back to influence...
For some strange reason last night the 'luck' went our way. It would have been so easy for the Llorente goal to have been chalked off, which would have been so hard to come back from. But it didn't. And that Bernard snuck out a leg to divert the ball to Aguero, and that he was JUST off... Those things usually don't go our way.

He's having a sloppy season. Alderweireld is also almost certainly off in the summer but at least he is pretty much playing to his level, like Modric did in that last season of his. I hope he wakes up and gives us a leaving gift of some sensational performances to either help us through the Champions League or into next season's competition.

For some strange reason last night the 'luck' went our way. It would have been so easy for the Llorente goal to have been chalked off, which would have been so hard to come back from. But it didn't. And that Bernard snuck out a leg to divert the ball to Aguero, and that he was JUST off... Those things usually don't go our way.

The gods, for once, didn't hate our guts. For once, we were given the luck that other teams take for granted.

Strange, strange day. Still trying to process it.

According to some he has been poor this season yet he still leads the Prem assists (along with Hazard) table with 12.
And that, like you say, is in the PL alone. Overall Eriksen has a total of 17 assists, including 4 in the CL whereas Hazard's total remains at 12 despite a further 5 Europa and 7 other cup appearances.

I hope he does sign a new contract. I dont feel he is playing his best. but even then he can still be effective. I really just hope all the players get a nice summer break and come back refreshed.

Hey, the ‘he’s definitely off’ rude boys! Thoughts?

I have consistently said that HE only wanted to leave for Barca, and if THEY came in he’d have been off, otherwise he would be happy to stay. My only personal conjecture was whether we would decide to try and shift him. I don’t believe so. But when Barca signed DeJong it changed a lot of things; that included whether he went to us or Barca. If Barca had made their move for Eriksen clear, then I personally believe DeJong would’ve come to us...

Back