1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice

Christian Eriksen

Discussion in 'Spurs News & Views' started by spurspinter1, 30 Aug 2013.

1. Lost Mango

Lost Mango Gus Poyet

Unless he has already agreed to joining someone else and now spends 4 months denying it and pretending to be interested in a new contract with us if only we would put something concrete down, then the situation is totally dissimilar.

Campbell bare-faced lied through the last 5 months. The deal to the scum was done and he lied. No evidence that Eriksen is doing that.

2. Jon

Jon Young-Pyo Lee

You hope.

3. Jon

Jon Young-Pyo Lee

No evidence Campbell was doing it at the time either....

4. StephenH

StephenH Jack Jull

My mind alway focuses on the time Pochettino flew out to Denmark to meet Eriksen about a year ago ‘I think’.
    Thought it it was strange back then! (Not a clue what was behind the meeting:D) just found it odd
    I think he’s off!

Last edited: 21 Feb 2019
    Legohamster likes this.
  5. Maltese Falcon

Maltese Falcon Neil Sullivan

Would be extremely surprised to see a photo of Eriksen with a pen in his hand, and Poch's arm around his shoulder, come the summer....

Having said that he has not been anywhere near his best in the past month and we haven't done too badly.... (puts rose tinted glasses off...)

Legohamster likes this.
  6. Spur of the moment

Spur of the moment Edgar Davids

Nothing to do with optimism/ pessimism, just relief that Eriksen has the sense to put the whole thing out of his mind until the summer.

Who here is not aware of how much transfer speculation can affect performance on the pitch? Thank fudge he wants to stay totally focused on helping the team for the rest of the season, that's all I care about right now.

Once the season is over that's the time to start speculating, but if he's going to go, so be it.

As to the Campbell reference, whoa, hang your head in shame. Where are the quotes this time round that he wants to stay?

7. Legohamster

Legohamster Chris Armstrong

I dont think bigger clubs had been sniffing around him at the time.

We will see.

Hope I am very wrong.

8. Gazza Dazzla

Gazza Dazzla Mitchell Thomas

Think he’s keeping his options open, but there’s actually not many clubs “better” than us nowadays, so unless Barca, Real, Bayern, City, Juve, PSG want him then he stays and the last 2 on that list would purely be for the CL, the domestic stuffs rubbish.

9. alekaras

alekaras Young-Pyo Lee

I never understood this "contract discussions would affect a player's performance." I played competitive water polo and handball and when I got in that pool or on that court everything got tuned out: breaking up with my girlfriend, my best friend's loss, whether there was a crowd of 3000 people or just 3. And I wasn't even an elite athlete like these guys are.

Kandi1977 likes this.
  10. Jon

Jon Young-Pyo Lee

Eh? Jog on fella, I’m doing nothing of the sort!

11. Lost Mango

Lost Mango Gus Poyet

I know from a member of the FA board (and it was common knowledge around the inner football world) that Campbell had agreed to go to Arsenal by the January/February of that year but then constantly denied his future was decided and he was waiting on a contract offer so yeah there would have been evidence at the time.

12. Spur of the moment

Spur of the moment Edgar Davids

Well you should!

13. StephenH

StephenH Jack Jull

Funny how “common knowledge” alluded everybody at Spurs!

Robbo, galeforce and Jon like this.
  14. Jon

Jon Young-Pyo Lee

Cool. Eriksens definitely staying then.

15. Jon

Jon Young-Pyo Lee

Alright mate.

16. Lost Mango

Lost Mango Gus Poyet

Although it didn't, did it? There were quotes at the time saying we had made reasonable offers but Campbell wasn't interested and then Campbell denied we had even made offers. Also seem to remember allusions in interviews by Spurs to the fact that his decision had been made. Campbell was still massively popular with Spurs fans at the time and playing for us, so to come out against him publicly would have back-fired for the second half of the season.

thfcsteff likes this.
  17. Lost Mango

Lost Mango Gus Poyet

No idea but it is just a significantly different situation to Campbell and not linked in any way.

Spur of the moment likes this.
  18. Jon

Jon Young-Pyo Lee

Totally agree. Apart from the bits which are the same of course.

19. Lost Mango

Lost Mango Gus Poyet

The bits about having a contract with us, that contract running down and him not going to the media to bitch and moan and lie about it all?? Those bits? Or just 2 out of 3 that apply to all our squad?

20. Jon

Jon Young-Pyo Lee

I think you’re dead right. Eriksens nice agent is simply putting Tottenhams remaining games top of his list of priorities and ahead of his own financial gain. What a lovely lovely guy and we’re dead right to believe everything agents say in the press about contract negotiations. As this is never ever a ruse. No way, Jose.

Anyway, I’m slightly off topic news did you hear they were removing the word gullible from the dictionary......
    https://www.oxfordlearnersdictionaries.com/definition/english/gullible

21. Rorschach

Rorschach Tommy Harmer