• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

You have to realize that Barcelona is THE club to play for as a Dane. No other club comes close. Not Real Madrid. Not Manchester United. Not PSG.

Our greatest heroes, Michael Laudrup and Allan Simonsen, both played at Barcelona, and they are both idolized in our country. Those are the players Christian Eriksen have looked up to during his childhood. Why? Us Danes recognize the Scandinavian heritage. The sturdiness of being a Scandinavian. Something that expresses itself in our way of playing football. BUT we also think we play the superior form of technical football in Scandinavia. Our Swedish and Norwegian brothers dwell at the efficiency of kick and rush, where we want efficiency mixed with finesse. It's romantic, naive and an arrogant view, but it is how it is. Ask any Dane, Swede or Norwegian about this, and they will tell you the same I'm sure.

So, I don't think this is a matter of wage-level for Christian Eriksen. If Barcelona is truly interested, Christian Eriksen will join them. Because for a Dane Barcelona is the top-echelon. He will forever be placed alongside Michael Laudrup and Allan Simonsen in our football folklore. And that surely must be very difficult to resist.

Agreed. It is the only club he would leave for. I believe he will stay, but if they wanted him enough it would make life difficult.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Only the 1977 European footballer of the year. Spent one season at Charlton because some bloke called Diego took his place in the Barca side. Also won several European cups with Barca and Mönchengladbach.
Oh that Allan Simonsen. Yes, a brilliant player, I think. Amazing skills, I believe and liked to wear a football kit that was too big for him, apparently.
Allan-simonsen-2000.jpg

Ledge.

Thankfully Eriksen is young enough to commit to a couple more years with us, and play for Barca. Levy needs to take him around the stadium with the new contract in his back pocket.

Thankfully Eriksen is young enough to commit to a couple more years with us, and play for Barca. Levy needs to take him around the stadium with the new contract in his back pocket.

Levy needs to take a leaf out of Alan Sugar's book and lock him in a room and don't leave him out until he signs whatever the cost. Worked with Darren Anderton when Fergie was sniffing around.

Sounded like he was very quietly effective yesterday.
Is he one of the players in our squad that, apart from Emirates Marketing Project, no others in the top 6 have an equivalent?

Back