• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

Just look at the lack of pressing from Barca, for our goal.
They were just walking, allowing us to play.
Notice how Vermaelen doesn't trust his centre back partner and plays 10 yards deeper, keeping everyone onside, amateurish.

we moved it to quickly for them and vermaelen is just crap

Just look at the lack of pressing from Barca, for our goal.
They were just walking, allowing us to play.
Notice how Vermaelen doesn't trust his centre back partner and plays 10 yards deeper, keeping everyone onside, amateurish.
I have noticed in a few games that Barca's press becomes almost non existent as you get towards the end of the game. I think the key to beating Barca is to stay in the game and then really go at them in the last 15 mins or so when they have lost their energy.

He was everywhere last night, the work he gets through added to his ability makes him a VERY special player.
I agree fully, and we're lucky to have a great bunch of players that fit that description. No luck in it from Pochettino, dedicated good work over years getting those players in and developing them in that way.

We really outplayed them for large parts. Eriksen was fantastic. :)
I forgot some of those passes. Some really fantastic passing in that bunch. That awareness and vision is something you cannot coach.

Eriksen is reaching his peak and if we don't break the bank for him now wage wise and he leaves we will sorely regret it. We'll be here in a few years time watching him pay for Barca and reminiscing over him like we do Modric now. If he really wants to leave I guess there is nothing we can do, but I for one will be gutted if that happens. I know there is a limit to what we can pay of course but whatever that limit is (parity with Kane?) we should be throwing it on the table now, and anything else he fancies too.

Watching the goal back I noticed Kane’s actions in the celebrations. He appeared to be urging the team to remain focused and to get back to the match, rather than losing their heads celebrating an equaliser. Kane remained composed to know that the job wasn’t finished just because we had equalised. Good mentality and discipline, leading from the front.

As for Eriksen, yes, we need to do all that we can to get his future secured at our club. Top class player, one of the best in his position in the World. He makes us purr, and replacing him would be nigh on impossible. So hope Spurs does all that we can to get Eriksen to stay.

Watching the goal back I noticed Kane’s actions in the celebrations. He appeared to be urging the team to remain focused and to get back to the match, rather than losing their heads celebrating an equaliser. Kane remained composed to know that the job wasn’t finished just because we had equalised. Good meteorology and discipline, leading from the front.

As for Eriksen, yes, we need to do all that we can to get his future secured at our club. Top class player, one of the best in his position in the World. He makes us purr, and replacing him would be nigh on impossible. So hope Spurs does all that we can to get Eriksen to stay.
he puts the Purr in Spurs,I like that ;)

I forgot some of those passes. Some really fantastic passing in that bunch. That awareness and vision is something you cannot coach.

Eriksen is reaching his peak and if we don't break the bank for him now wage wise and he leaves we will sorely regret it. We'll be here in a few years time watching him pay for Barca and reminiscing over him like we do Modric now. If he really wants to leave I guess there is nothing we can do, but I for one will be gutted if that happens. I know there is a limit to what we can pay of course but whatever that limit is (parity with Kane?) we should be throwing it on the table now, and anything else he fancies too.

Great post ( especially the bolded bit) wish i could give it more then one like.

Increasing his wages by £150,000 per week for 4 seasons, and giving him a £5m sign on fee equates to around £36m. His value to us is priceless, and the cost of a replacement of his level would exceed double the cost of his salary extras. Would seem to be a no brained especially as the figures above for wages are gross exaggeration of likely increase.

Wonder if the leaks to the press by agents that a bid has come in for XXX to get a new contract are needed by both sides

If we just offer Eriksen 180k a week then all the others are banging on the door asking why not me
If Barca offer 180mil and then we give Eriksen 180k a week, then the others can be told to come back when a offer comes in for them that demands that kind of wage

I think the only club who would stand a chance of getting him are Barca. I think it is the only place he would consider going. My gut feeling says he will stay.

Seeing as circumstances have prevented the club announcing an opening date for NWHL this month, the next best Christmas present would be an announcement next week that Eriksen has signed a new contract. Might be too soon, but fingers crossed.

He puts the purr in Spurs.
He also puts the ball in the net, when so many others failed.
Nice tidy finish today, and a good run from deep to get there.

Wonder if the leaks to the press by agents that a bid has come in for XXX to get a new contract are needed by both sides

If we just offer Eriksen 180k a week then all the others are banging on the door asking why not me
If Barca offer 180mil and then we give Eriksen 180k a week, then the others can be told to come back when a offer comes in for them that demands that kind of wage

At some point the wages will have to go up if we continue to be successful as players want financial rewards for top level performances. Not to mention the fact that the market changes and wages go up as time moves on anyway.

As El Guepardo said, the cost of replacing him would be incredibly difficult, and costly. We can't just wait to big clubs like Barca to come knocking before we give our top players pay rises.

He's our 2nd most important player after Kane and I think it's a no brainer to make him the 2nd highest paid player at the club.

Back