• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

lol seriously?!?!

So you pull up a comparison from 17 years ago to make your point? What about all the contracts our players have signed in-between?

Surely the statistical odds are in favour of Eriksen signing so you have nothing to get your knickers in a twist about, mate.:cool:

In all seriousness, I reckon he'll sign one more contract with us. I think that there are only a small handful of clubs (at most) that would make him agitate for a move and by all accounts he seems very settled right now where he is.

If or when he does leave I'd bet it'd be for a bit more than £40m as well lol

It’s as relevant as a player saying they like the ground.....

He’s got a year left in the summer, how much will we realistically get?

We all know he’s not the strongest tackler but there were numerous occasions in yesterday’s game where he won back and/or intercepted the ball. He showed an unusually aggressive (comparatively) side to his game I thought.

Absolutely ice cold from Eriksen. No arrogance, no laughing it off, no ‘nah but seriously...’ just a pure factual statement without any arrogance or roosteryness.

This is the mentality of our squad and what, beyond anything else be it signings or whether this player is better than that, is what is crucial to maintain.

He wins back lots of interceptions and the odd tackle but he isn’t an aggressive tackler
Agree. And I don’t expect him to be an aggressive tackler (I grew up watching Ghod - tackling is not the be all and end all). But yesterday Eriksen was noticeably more proactive in winning back the ball, not just blocking off passing channels or intercepting stray passes, but actively intervening. I think it was a natural consequence of the way the whole team was playing but it belies the myth that he steps back from difficult challenges - he just deals with them differently - but effectively.

Agree. And I don’t expect him to be an aggressive tackler (I grew up watching Ghod - tackling is not the be all and end all). But yesterday Eriksen was noticeably more proactive in winning back the ball, not just blocking off passing channels or intercepting stray passes, but actively intervening. I think it was a natural consequence of the way the whole team was playing but it belies the myth that he steps back from difficult challenges - he just deals with them differently - but effectively.

Its funny that you mentioned Hoddle, i remember having a big discussion with a couple of Spurs supporters after a game at the Lane. They were moaning about him not throwing himself into tackles and him being weak, had to laugh at their blindness and not appreciate that he was a special talent. Sad to say i hear the same thing said about Eriksen now and its just as blind. ( imo).

He often plays well against Chelsea. Usually either scores or assists and creates chances galore. The dink pass with his left foot to set up Son for his first chance was simply world class.

That the one just on half time?

If so, I still don’t know how he did it. He didn’t seem to look because Son arrived late but it was too precise to be just a hopeful ball. It was absolutely magnificent.

That the one just on half time?

If so, I still don’t know how he did it. He didn’t seem to look because Son arrived late but it was too precise to be just a hopeful ball. It was absolutely magnificent.

It was at 1-0. Eriksen chipped it over the Chelsea defence and Son blazed it over the bar on the half volley. Think you may be referring to the one Son volleyed low and the keeper saved.

It’s as relevant as a player saying they like the ground.....

He’s got a year left in the summer, how much will we realistically get?
He said he can’t wait to play there, why are you focusing on the irrelevant part of his quote and ignoring the part where he mentions playing for spurs in a future tense? Or is this another case of only certain posters knowing what quotes mean and it’s the complete opposite of what they are saying, like with Poch?

Last edited:
He certainly didn't look like someone playing with the weight of contract discussions on his shoulders.
He was masterful last night. (As was the whole team).

Up to this game, I had been worried about this. Last time Eriksen’s form dipped a couple of seasons ago was when he was also in contract negotiations. Immediately he signed that contract , his form miraculously improved. I hope the Chelsea’s game wasn’t a one off - or maybe we will have some good news on his contract very very soon.

Back