• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

Mate seriously, it’s Barcelona....take those spectacles off for a minute. That ‘bunch of fairly talented players with an aging core’ still managed to outplay us, Eriksen is entering the prime days of his career and has won nothing with us, and The Nou Camp is a special stadium to play at. He’s content here, but don’t delude yourself into thinking our new stadium makes us a more attractive club than Barca....

I'm of the opinion one player was responsible for them outplaying us, apart from him it was a fairly even match up - and that was with us missing 4 key players (including Eriksen!).

I've never really understood the defenders should earn less thing, there's no point banging them in one end to concede more at the other.
A forward should cost more, I understand that, but in wages I don't get it.
There are exceptions of course and I think we fall into that, but was Wright more importantly to arsenal than Adams, or van nistelroy more important to man u than Rio?

Don’t disagree with you - I guess it comes down to what we can demand from a transfer fee too. We often hear negotiations along the lines of ‘if you think I’m worth X in a fee then you should pay me Y.’.

Not saying it’s morally or logically right, but I think pound for pound, all other things being equal, a quality attacker always gets paid more than a quality defender.

Don’t disagree with you - I guess it comes down to what we can demand from a transfer fee too. We often hear negotiations along the lines of ‘if you think I’m worth X in a fee then you should pay me Y.’.

Not saying it’s morally or logically right, but I think pound for pound, all other things being equal, a quality attacker always gets paid more than a quality defender.
As they always say, goalscorers are the hardest thing to find/buy. We've always done ok in that area mind....

I understand why it happens, goal scorers grab the headlines, just don't really agree with it.

Indeed... and if the virtual guarantee of silverware every season isn’t enough, I’m sure Eriksen’s agent has made him aware of the astronomical wages that Barcelona dish out...

View attachment 5256

They're coming to the end of a golden era that forced them - and rightly so - to spunk out on massive wages. Now, they've got a massive new stadium upgrade to pay for. They won't have five million pesetas to rub together.

Plus, Eriksen knows that London's moist, moderate climate is doing wonders for his skin tone. And he'll go balder faster in the hot climate down there. Add in the already-acquired English language skills he has and he'll be far more marketable playing for us.

In our sensational, planet-crushing, new stadium that is about to be finished, amongst a great group of team mates he's well bonded with. He's in a very good situation here and he knows it.

He can leave scarfing down the boquerones and necking the Monastrell to me. Con mucho fucquing gusto.

We've managed better without Kane than without Eriksen.
I honestly don't know, but if we have it would be marginal I would think.
Also very difficult to prove, is our poor performance this season, despite results, down to just Erikson being out or that son and dele amongst others have also been out.

We've managed better without Kane than without Eriksen.
Really?

So far this season, all comps:

With Eriksen: Won 8, Drawn 1, Lost 4
With Kane: Won 10, Drawn 1 Lost 5.

Kane has scored 10 with 1 assist, Eriksen has scored 1 with (edit) 3 assists.

Of course, two very different types of player. Both are brilliant but neither has been in top form this season. Agree Eriksen makes my pants sticky but our results have hardly suffered in his absence. So I don't see how you can say we have managed better with him than with Kane.

Last edited:
I think that with Lamela and Winks in the side we miss him less. Those two have the ability to play the tight passes in and around the box and this year (so far) Lamela is adding goals to his game.

He makes my pants sticky
quUhrJ.gif

It's hard to disagree with that logic and i'm not surprised that players or their agents use that line to try and as much money as they can. I guess it just shows how brilliant a negotiator Levy is that he somehow manages to get top dollar when we sell players AND get away with paying our players less than our competitors do. Even clubs further down the table than us pay some of their players higher wages than we do. I'm not being critical but if I was Eriksen I would absolutely say to Levy "you'd ask for £100m for me in the transfer window? Then I want £200k a week or bloody close to it."

Hopefully Eriksen will stay and he will become our 2nd highest player after Kane.

Back