• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

Looks like the Usual summer of speculation on our players has started “PSG target Eriksen for £100m”.

Firstly, If Coutino was £180m Christian is worth at least that. Secondly, i think the lure new stadium and at least another season to try and win something with Poch will be too strong. If we dont get something next season then we may strugle to hang on to Eriksen, Alli etc.

Looks like the Usual summer of speculation on our players has started “PSG target Eriksen for £100m”.

Firstly, If Coutino was £180m Christian is worth at least double that. Secondly, i think the lure new stadium and at least another season to try and win something with Poch will be too strong. If we dont get something next season then we may strugle to hang on to Eriksen, Alli etc.

ftfy

Eriksen is easily worth Coutinho money. £100m actually seems low, as mad as that sounds.

Coutinho money would, IMO in any other season, tempt us. Thats 3 top class players brought in...

However, with the stadium move, I think we will resist. Selling a major asset would really put a bad spin on the whole thing. The point of the stadium is to be able to keep players we want to - we would want to put that message out IMO.

Would love Kante!
Christian is £200m easy......
Why any top player would go to PSG is beyond me.
Money can’t be a reason surely.

Sanchez looks good.

Sisokko, Aurier and Moura have question marks hanging over them and that’s £80m in signings there. Add in Llorente and we are not spending money wisely on the most part.

I agree though that Sanchez has been good. I will say though that he still has weaknesses in his game, and has been exposed a few times lately. He needs to work on these but, as he’s only 21, and first season in the league, I trust him to come good.

Sisokko, Aurier and Moura have question marks hanging over them and that’s £80m in signings there. Add in Llorente and we are not spending money wisely on the most part.

I agree though that Sanchez has been good. I will say though that he still has weaknesses in his game, and has been exposed a few times lately. He needs to work on these but, as he’s only 21, and first season in the league, I trust him to come good.
Sissoko I'll give you, not good value for money even if he has improved this season, but it is a bit early to be writing obituaries for Moura and Aurier.

And to be honest 25mil is not really a big money signing any more. It is closer to the average price these days. Llorente certainly isn;t in the big money category.

You can add Jannsen and N'kudo to that list, theres another 30 million to add.

Moura has hardly played, and wasn't meant to have an impact this season. Having said that, I think he's looked lively when he's played. Needs time obviously.
Aurier a bit more of a wildcard. He's shown promise too, I think. He's been a bit unlucky with the pens/red cards he's been given. There's a player in there. Maybe he'll come good next season with a year of getting Poch'ed.
Sissoko I agree with though. Wouldn't hold down a first team place for Blackburn, most likely.

But with Aurier & Moura, that’s why I said they have question marks hanging, rather than that they were poor signings. With Moura, I like that he’s direct, that he gets at his man and makes it hard for the opponent. I want to think that he will know how to use the ball effectively, as that is something which he hasn’t always convinced with. He often doesn’t know when to pass.

Aurier is rash, I keep supporting him and thinking that he will come through this. I know that he can be very good..but..then he will launch in to a tackle seemingly without thought. And we’re back to square one. I want him to succeed. But will he?

As for £25m/£30m being average transfer cost...it’s amongst the most that we’ve spent on players, so I’d be reluctant to call it an average transfer cost, even if it would fall in to that category for the bigger spending clubs and may do for us in the future.

But with Aurier & Moura, that’s why I said they have question marks hanging, rather than that they were poor signings. With Moura, I like that he’s direct, that he gets at his man and makes it hard for the opponent. I want to think that he will know how to use the ball effectively, as that is something which he hasn’t always convinced with. He often doesn’t know when to pass.

Aurier is rash, I keep supporting him and thinking that he will come through this. I know that he can be very good..but..then he will launch in to a tackle seemingly without thought. And we’re back to square one. I want him to succeed. But will he?

As for £25m/£30m being average transfer cost...it’s amongst the most that we’ve spent on players, so I’d be reluctant to call it an average transfer cost, even if it would fall in to that category for the bigger spending clubs and may do for us in the future.

I think with Moura your comments can only be on a small sample size ... he has played around 200 odd minutes so far at a guess

Aurier still no rasher than Walker has been this season. Walker has given away penalties too, and been red carded. He also cost his team in the cup vs Wigan. The difference is his up side is more we’ll known and established so you can negate some bad with the other bloody good stuff Walker does. Aurier hasnt shown himself to excel at anything to compensate for the bad stuff he has done

Or a few more Sisokko! It’s not how much money there is to spend, it’s how well that money is used. I’m not convinced that we are any good at spending big money on players.
For Poch this is true, to date his best signings are the ones that didnt cost much other than Sanchez. This is why you cant really make the argument if Poch had the cash Pep did he'd do amazing and walk the league etc You actually have to have the ability to spend the money well and manage big money signings. It could just be that Poch is better at harnessing lesser known talents and developing them which is why we are a perfect match for him....

Back