• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

De Bruyne was doing last season... and the one before
The others in his team weren’t though but you can check his stats and the only comparable is Eriksen-sen-sen

Exactly!
That is why, as a Spurs fan, on a Spurs forum, in the Eriksen thread, I bloody rate him!

He is having a very very good season so far.
But he was not doing it last season.
Eriksen has been excellent for the last two seasons. De Bruyne is have a purple patch and there is no doubt about his qualities. Chelsea must be bloody fuming with Jose for getting rid!
Since De Bruyne joined City, he has 3 more assists than Eriksen. I think it was 32 vs 29. They are both top top players.

Exactly!
That is why, as a Spurs fan, on a Spurs forum, in the Eriksen thread, I bloody rate him!
Yep. Plus Eriksen has insane work rate. He puts in a shift for team and is always top for distance covered in a game.

I often wonder if De Bruyne's game/stats would suffer if he was to put in the same amount of running and defending that Eriksen does

This performance is why KDB is kn another level. Eriksen has bottled it tonight and he is my favourite Spurs player.

This performance is why KDB is kn another level. Eriksen has bottled it tonight and he is my favourite Spurs player.
Put kdb up against Madrid where every time he loses the ball the best player in the world playing in the best time world breaks against you and see how good he is.
Mark Hughes is a lucky man, stoke were beyond brick in Saturday, but the media chose to go with city were brilliant.

KDB is on another level, but he has also been accused of bottling big games in the past. Eriksen will be disappointed with himself tonight.

Not a poor game by normal standards, but a poor game by his standards. But it was away against Real Madrid, against Modric, Isco, Ronaldo. He will bounce back.

I love him as a player but he struggled tonight, maybe there's a little bit of mental weakness is why he's not been targeted by the 'top' clubs. That's still our gain though as he's been very consistent in the league over the last year.

I love him as a player but he struggled tonight, maybe there's a little bit of mental weakness is why he's not been targeted by the 'top' clubs. That's still our gain though as he's been very consistent in the league over the last year.

I'd go with @StephenH's assessment, he worked his ass off, kept us compact and Madrid (especially Modric) paid extra attention to him

He looked nervous to me and it affected his decision making and overall performance I thought. He is much better than he showed tonight and thankfully will have another chance soon to set things right.

I'd go with @StephenH's assessment, he worked his ass off, kept us compact and Madrid (especially Modric) paid extra attention to him
that'll be it then, man marked by Modric so his passing and decision making was much poorer than I am used to seeing from him. No issue with his work rate, or his overall value to his team (I don't think anyone else is as good technically as him and he's one of the bravest players we have on the ball, hence my disappointment today) It's still a great team performance and hopefully he'll be back to 'normal' for the home game.

I don't think we need to get on Eriksen for tonight. He was trusted to do a job for the team because of his excellent positioning, he needed to play closer to Winks. Playing deeper is going to take him out of the areas he can do most damage (he's the anti Sissoko) but the fact that we looked so solid was down to the fact that we had him on the pitch.

Back