• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

He is a very good player, do not think i have seen a player hit the wood work for us as many times as he did.

Something still might happen with Sigurdsson. He is certainly held in high regard by Pochettino:

“I think after he moved to Swansea and we saw his development at Swansea, he was a perfect player for us,” Pochettino said. “But it was a club decision and his decision to move to Swansea and find another way. Every time we meet him and see him, he shows his quality – not only as a player but like a man. All the people here talk very highly about him. It’s a shame but sometimes in football you never know what will happen. There are no regrets."

From a Guardian article in early December.

I'd be willing to bring him back.

Dawson ( no) Capoue ( no) but it would be nice to have a player like Defoe ( who imo we got rid of far too early) in the squad.

Defoe works best in a team/system which is all geared to work around him.
The team is built now to be more than that, and i think Defoe (who was always head-down and not very aware of others runs/movement at his best) would frustrate as much as become frustrated if he was to play in our team now

Defoe works best in a team/system which is all geared to work around him.
The team is built now to be more than that, and i think Defoe (who was always head-down and not very aware of others runs/movement at his best) would frustrate as much as become frustrated if he was to play in our team now

Not sure i agree with that at all, but its not going to happen its a pity because he is a natural goal scorer and i would imagine he would have got more then Janssen ( from open play) this season.

Just before anyone jumps in i will say i like Janssen and think in time he will be a good buy for us.

OK this is slightly leftfield -but I am trying to remember the name of an international player - I think he was either Scandanavian or German -who had a comb over - lightish coloured hair and looked a bit like Eriksen (there is an outside chance he might have been Latin American - or it's false memory syndrome!).

OK this is slightly leftfield -but I am trying to remember the name of an international player - I think he was either Scandanavian or German -who had a comb over - lightish coloured hair and looked a bit like Eriksen (there is an outside chance he might have been Latin American - or it's false memory syndrome!).
Ralph Coates.

Not who I was thinking of, unfortunately - but good.... (it is annoying not being able to remember stuff)...

cambiasso.jpg

Raul Meireles of Portugal had a serious combover but upon Googling I could find no evidence of it... he seems to have had a bushy mohawk for aeons. Wtf?!

Anyway, it lead me to this page of hair don'ts which is quite fun http://www.awaygoalsrule.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=2588&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=20

PS Matteus Sammer lost his hair, was it him?

Raul Meireles of Portugal had a serious combover but upon Googling I could find no evidence of it... he seems to have had a bushy mohawk for aeons. Wtf?!

Anyway, it lead me to this page of hair don'ts which is quite fun http://www.awaygoalsrule.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=2588&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=20

PS Matteus Sammer lost his hair, was it him?

My faulty memory led me to believe it might have been someone called Osvaldo (not Ardiles!) or similar -but I can't find any evidence - although I thought it was a Scandinavian and Osvaldo doesn't seem a very Scandinavian name! Also I seem to remember it was a Bobby Charlton style comb over.

Good weblink.

Back