• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

. I still cannot wrap my head around the fact that few pundits want to acknowledge that Stering was OFFSIDE! .

Some of these offside decisions are really poor this season. Arsenal have won at least three points this season ( and deprived us of two). Could make all the difference at the end of the season. At least they got the Jesus one right !

Bingo. Spot on. As I said in the OMT, Dembele was the key to breaking the press and unfortunately he had one if his least effective games for us. Hence Eriksen and Alli were largely starved of the ball to make things happen. Kane's hold up play was equally disappointing - the commentator said his first touch was after about 23 minutes - i.e. quarter of the game gone without a single touch. He was simply outmuscled.
They focused on dembele I thought. He is good at dribbling out of tight spaces but he was constantly harried and always had multiple city player hanging out of him. It worked.

They focused on dembele I thought. He is good at dribbling out of tight spaces but he was constantly harried and always had multiple city player hanging out of him. It worked.

I agree. They successfully thwarted our way out. In those circumstances, in future we need to go longer and Kane needs to then step up more.

Some of these offside decisions are really poor this season. Arsenal have won at least three points this season ( and deprived us of two). Could make all the difference at the end of the season. At least they got the Jesus one right !

Arse also got a soft one at Burnley away so have sibw them twice

GKm5d_aHteXTx5vRPgjNJZB60iydxSpFnxsE7lSY0BQ.jpg

https://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/comments/5rgdso/top_5_premier_league_players_by_average_distance/

And Eriksen's the only one out of that bunch who had to contend with European football this season.

This is why he's so bloody unique.

It wasnt physical as in lots of hard tackles, but city did have a lot of deliberately late tackles, niggly ones and on the edge leaving the foot in type of "clashes".
Eriksen isn't going to get involved in that, not criticising, it's just not his game.
The problem looked to me like it was when we tried to play out no one made time or space to receive the ball and get it forward effectively.
We got swamped and harassed between the Base you mention and eriksen and dele. On the few occasions we did we got fouled or hustled off the ball, breaking up any chance of momentum we had.
I thought the problem in the Emirates Marketing Project game was pretty clear.....

City played with 3 up front, with two fast players taking very wide positions. This meant that Rose and Walker could not get play as far forward as they usually do which left us with a back five and fewer numbers higher up the pitch. Our lack of attacking width meant that City were then able to push their own full backs up, resulting in them outnumbering us in midfield. I wasn't at all surprised that Pochettino took Wimmer off at half time, even ignoring the fact that he looked out of his depth (I cannot believe than some on here had previously claimed that he is better than Vertonghen) we needed to get back to 4 at the back, to give us greater numbers further up the pitch in midfield. Even though we conceded the two goals in the second half, I thought that overall we looked more comfortable defensively in the second half as City's two wide players had less space to exploit and their full backs could not take such an attacking position against us.

I actually think that the best way to beat Emirates Marketing Project if they are playing that incredibly attacking, high pressing formation, is to leave two up front and then go long ball and look to pick up the second ball and then exploit their weak defence.

The problem was that he didn't have many passing options as our two full backs couldn't really get forward.... I think our standard 4-2-3-1 with Kane just behind Jansen and Alli and Eriksen either side of him, with us playing long to Jansen would've caused City all sorts of problems. It wouldn't have been pretty, but was the way to take advantage of their formation.

Was very good yesterday ( imo) some of his through balls were sublime and his work rate was first class yet again.

I think Spurs will go in again for Sigurdson at the end of this season.

I hope so too. Siggi never got a good run in the side at Spurs in his preferred position. His guile and creativity in the centre would be good cover/competition for Eriksen, who is the only player we have no real cover for. Also, Gilfi's corners and free-kicks are so much better than Eriks.

I think Spurs will go in again for Sigurdson at the end of this season.

The question is would Sigurdson want to come back to Spurs if he had a choice? As good as he is last time he spent a lot of time in and out of the starting 11, we are now a stronger team and as much as I like him I think he will face a similar problem, especially with Lamela, Eriksen, Dele and Son already at the club.

I would however be happy if he did come back

I like Sigi, I was sorry we sold him, but Eriksen is twice the player. We have progressed to a different level now and Sigurdson would be a passenger in most of our games.

Agree. Like most I love watching him and he was definitely agent Siggi today But if he came back he'd be the small fish in the big pond and that's not what we need.

I hope so too. Siggi never got a good run in the side at Spurs in his preferred position. His guile and creativity in the centre would be good cover/competition for Eriksen, who is the only player we have no real cover for. Also, Gilfi's corners and free-kicks are so much better than Eriks.

Eriksen plays most of his games wide with Alli playing in that central position. That central position is probably Eriksen's preferred position too and if Alli was missing I think he would get that role over Sigurdsson.

Currently our cover for Eriksen are more natural wide players like Son and Sissoko. Or, if he's not a natural starter when back fit, Lamela. These are the players Sigurdsson would be competing with for game time. Quite like it was when he left, only then it was with Chadli (and Townsend?).

Sigurdsson would in no way provide competition for Alli. He wasn't comfortable wide when he was with us and he hasn't played there for Swansea. He might provide backup for Alli or Eriksen, but I don't think he's better than Son or Lamela. I really struggle to see how he'd get significant game time in his favorite position. You're right, he never got a good run in the side at Spurs in his preferred position. But he didn't get that run because he didn't perform at a high enough level to get that run. Now the competition for that one position he prefers is much tougher. We have one of the most talented young players in the world in that one position.

27 now, 28 in the summer so hardly a young player we can expect to adapt and improve massively either.

Would make very little sense to re-sign him imo.

Eriksen plays most of his games wide with Alli playing in that central position. That central position is probably Eriksen's preferred position too and if Alli was missing I think he would get that role over Sigurdsson.

Currently our cover for Eriksen are more natural wide players like Son and Sissoko. Or, if he's not a natural starter when back fit, Lamela. These are the players Sigurdsson would be competing with for game time. Quite like it was when he left, only then it was with Chadli (and Townsend?).

Sigurdsson would in no way provide competition for Alli. He wasn't comfortable wide when he was with us and he hasn't played there for Swansea. He might provide backup for Alli or Eriksen, but I don't think he's better than Son or Lamela. I really struggle to see how he'd get significant game time in his favorite position. You're right, he never got a good run in the side at Spurs in his preferred position. But he didn't get that run because he didn't perform at a high enough level to get that run. Now the competition for that one position he prefers is much tougher. We have one of the most talented young players in the world in that one position.

27 now, 28 in the summer so hardly a young player we can expect to adapt and improve massively either.

Would make very little sense to re-sign him imo.

I am not advocating him starting instead of Deli or Eriksen, but I think he would be excellent cover for both.

I am not advocating him starting instead of Deli or Eriksen, but I think he would be excellent cover for both.

Cover for Eriksen on the left or the right? Playing the role and position he didn't thrive in for us, essentially hasn't played at all for Swansea (or Iceland) and has little to no experience thriving in?

You just said he didn't get a run in the team before in his favourite position, but you want to bring him back so that he can be effective cover playing where he did actually get games (and failed to make much of an impact) his last time around?

Better cover for Alli in the centre than playing Eriksen in that position?

Back