• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

Looking back at this, if he turns world class then the effect that would have on our team, raising it from it's present high level, could well be to elevate Spurs to a place where Eriksen doesn't see the need to leave to fulfil ambitions. Just to find new challenges once he's won a few things with us.
If he becomes more consistent and increases his quality then we shall be turning a few more losses to draws and draws to wins. Which equates to further competition progress and higher league finishes. And it's not looking too shabby already.
Accompany that with whatever improvements we see in other Spurs players and any high-calibre purchases and it's easy to see a very bright future.
That's just far too idealistic for me - which you pretty much allude to towards the end of your message. Whether we lift trophies or not, once a Barcelona, Real Madrid or one or two other European powerhouses come in for him he's going to want to go. Its happened to players at more successful clubs than ours....

So like I said then, he needs those around him to perform in order to perform himself?

So with that in mind I'm not sure Sundays game is the best to highlight what we miss when Eriksen is not there (as Parklane was doing)

Well if you can not see that we lacked creativity on Sunday and the main player we have who does that is Eriksen, then there is nothing much more i can say. I guess Stop! Hammer time i guess Finney is back hit the tickle my balls with a feather when he said this.

Those that don't like him really do need to look at what Eriksen does as opposed to
what he doesn't do

I am not saying you are one of those Billy just to make it clear.

Last edited:
Well if you can not see that we lacked creativity on Sunday and the main player we have who does that is Eriksen, then there is nothing much more i can say. I guess Stop! Hammer time i guess Finney is back hit the tickle my balls with a feather when he said this.

Those that don't like him really do need to look at what Eriksen does as opposed to what he doesn't do.

We did lack creativity on Sunday, nothing in my posts suggests I think otherwise. What I was saying, quite clearly I thought, is that the team didn't play well as a unit and in those circumstances Eriksen rarely makes the difference - as he is usually at his best when the team is on form. The team wasn't on form on Sunday so there's nothing to suggest Eriksen would have made the difference.

For reference see the first 10 games or so this season compared to the last run of games.

We did lack creativity on Sunday, nothing in my posts suggests I think otherwise. What I was saying, quite clearly I thought, is that the team didn't play well as a unit and in those circumstances Eriksen rarely makes the difference - as he is usually at his best when the team is on form.

For reference see the first 10 games or so this season compared to the last run of games

You got in before i edited my post to say i do not think you are one of those who does. I would disagree with your opinion that Eriksen rarely makes the difference though, when the team are really playing well its because Eriksen is at his best. Lets be honest all players have poor runs of form but there is no doubt in my mind that when we are at our best its because Eriksen is behind it.

As i say Stop! Hammer time and we will have to agree to disagree.

Those that think Eriksen doesn't offer much or isnt capable of making the difference in games, simply disagree with Poch. Look at what he recently said about him. Something along the lines that he offers us some magic and is a special player and "The team's brain" who makes others play better".

Last edited:
In his last 10 appearances he has scored five goals and got nine assists. He is now level with De Bruyne as the top assister in the league, having finished second last season.

The guy is in absolutely brilliant form, another one flourishing from the formation change. First name on the team sheet at the moment.

He got his 40th assist in the Premier League today. That draws him level with Ozil and Silva since the start of the 2013/14 season when he joined Spurs. He has scored more goals than either in that time frame. Coutinho and Mata are a long long way behind.

And some people here didn't want to renew his contract o_O

In his last 10 appearances he has scored five goals and got nine assists. He is now level with De Bruyne as the top assister in the league, having finished second last season.

The guy is in absolutely brilliant form, another one flourishing from the formation change. First name on the team sheet at the moment.
It's beginning look like that the whole midfield struggled with the changes. Not enough time spent on the training pitch because of the Euros.

I can only think that people who don't rate Eriksen have never played the game, He's nearly always in space ready to take the ball. He's one of those players who keeps the ball moving, while keeping possession until an opportunity to open a team up. He gives so much to the team that his lack of pace and tackling can be overlooked. He creates so much and gives away so little. I can't remember many times when I would say that a goal conceded was down to him not doing better. The only players I think are better than him in his position are Silva and De Bruyne

It's beginning look like that the whole midfield struggled with the changes. Not enough time spent on the training pitch because of the Euros.

And fatigue and injuries

Both can be dealt with by resting and manangi g the prbeksm but it takes time to fix em

No coincidence that both erisken and Alli are now injury free and look a lot sharper for it

I can only think that people who don't rate Eriksen have never played the game, He's nearly always in space ready to take the ball. He's one of those players who keeps the ball moving, while keeping possession until an opportunity to open a team up. He gives so much to the team that his lack of pace and tackling can be overlooked. He creates so much and gives away so little. I can't remember many times when I would say that a goal conceded was down to him not doing better. The only players I think are better than him in his position are Silva and De Bruyne

Silva was but isn't anymore IMO

De Bruyne is a classy player hence why he cost so much

And fatigue and injuries

Both can be dealt with by resting and manangi g the prbeksm but it takes time to fix em

No coincidence that both erisken and Alli are now injury free and look a lot sharper for it
True, but I think it goes deeper than that.
The whole midfield has been asked to play in a different way this season,,that's going to take time to bed in. They're not just adjusting the changes in their positions, but to their team mates as well.
It's only now that they all know not only where they should be and the runs they should make, but where their team mates will be and the runs they will make.
They know and trust the system and each other again.

He wont be going anywhere, he is playing at his level. He isnt good enough for the elite

He showed you that you are wrong against West Brom. That level of performance would have found a place in any side in Europe. The question is, can he do that week in week out? If he does that every week for the rest of the season, then we will be fighting to hold onto him in the summer.

Last edited:
I was a harsh critic of Eriksen earlier this season because not only was he bottling challenges and seemingly incapable of being able to take a decent corner his allround creativity appeared to be missing in action. I had always felt that he should be doing for us what Ozil was doing for the Goons when he was playing his best football.

So it has been nice to see that over the last six weeks he has found his mojo and is currently playing some of the best football he has ever played for us. When he is in such scintillating form he is beyond doubt one of the best playmakers in the league.

I agree with most of that, the only thing i would question is that Silva is better, he may have been in the past but not anymore (imo), i do agree about De Bruyne though.

Back