• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Benitez

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yiddo

Cecil Poynton
Just seen that he has scored 56 goals in 77 games in the Mexican league this season. He would be cheap and is still only 27. Could be great cover on the wings and as striker if needed and has Premier league experience.

Was a part of the Birmingham team that done so well the season before they got relegated.

The Sun are linking us with a £9mil move. What are peoples thoughts? I always thought he did ok at Birmingham. Sure he didn't score too many goals but I thought he had good movement and worked hard for the team, maybe a little like Rooney at times? I think he'd be good, maybe not as a lone striker though. His record in Mexico since has been fantastic (weaker league I know)

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...eady-to-launch-bid-for-Christian-Benitez.html

He always struck me as one of those guys who looked dangerous but never really was, a bit like suarez without the end product.

From Sky Sports:

Tottenham Hotspur have been encouraged to make an offer for former Birmingham City striker Christian Benitez.

The Club America star is reportedly a £9million target for Spurs, who would like extra firepower and have also been linked with Aston Villa's Christian Benteke.

Ecuadorian international Benitez could be an option for a return to England after leaving Birmingham in 2010.

The 27-year-old has been the top scorer in the Mexican top flight in the last three seasons but Club America would still not stand in his way if he wants to leave.

Their president, Ricardo Pelaez, is quoted as saying in The Sun: "There could be a good offer for Christian from Tottenham.

"I've spoken with him and he wants to return to Europe. We won't clip his wings if we get an offer that suits us.

"Of course there are bids for him, he has been the league's top scorer three times after all.

"He is a great guy and a magnificent player. He is under contract but we'll look to see what is the best option."

He caused problems for teams but never struck me as that guy who could get 10 league goals. I have seen that his record since going back to Mexico though is just ridiculous. Maybe he's improved that side of his game? It isn't impossible. I mean Cavani used to be pretty lacklustre in the goals front. 52 goals in 79 games is not bad at all.

Video from his Birmingham days:

[video=youtube;JLboqPXUh-M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLboqPXUh-M[/video]

Video from his current team:

[video=youtube;mdncEXw1t7g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdncEXw1t7g[/video]

Regardless of whether we are in for him or not Im a lot confident than ever before we will finally address our striking options with one or two good additions....

Poxy phone. I wish we could edit a post on the mobile site.

He would be good cover on the wings IMO and could be an upgrade to Lennon in an attacking sense.

So a front line of Christian Bale?

542.gif

From Sky Sports:

Tottenham Hotspur have been encouraged to make an offer
for former Birmingham City striker Christian Benitez.

The Club America star is reportedly a £9million target for Spurs, who would like extra firepower and have also been linked with Aston Villa's Christian Benteke.

Ecuadorian international Benitez could be an option for a return to England after leaving Birmingham in 2010.

The 27-year-old has been the top scorer in the Mexican top flight in the last three seasons but Club America would still not stand in his way if he wants to leave.

Their president, Ricardo Pelaez, is quoted as saying in The Sun: "There could be a good offer for Christian from Tottenham.

"I've spoken with him and he wants to return to Europe. We won't clip his wings if we get an offer that suits us.

"Of course there are bids for him, he has been the league's top scorer three times after all.

"He is a great guy and a magnificent player. He is under contract but we'll look to see what is the best option."

That's my favourite bit.."encouraged"... I've been encouraged to give my money to the local home for cats, -- it's not happening anytime soon though.

Surely, knowing Chucho wants to leave, the chairman is just name-dropping Spurs to garner some interest and set his price high (Spurs could realistically pay £9m for him, irrespective of whether we're interested or not).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back