• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

China

Mr_B

Niko Kranjcar
So tevez on 615k a week, Oscar leaving in his "prime", Ronaldo offered NBA money to go east, how long till there's a serious player flow there, I remember back in the mid 90's people were astounded at Ravanelli earning 40k a week and saying that was unsustainable. Money Talks and moves people......

Players going to China in their peak which has bucked a trend of going to MLS for the money and nice retirement weather.

All I would say though is like in Russia these lads will only stay two seasons because thats all they need to in order to get rich, then it will be back to a recognised league. I really believe that

Players going to China in their peak which has bucked a trend of going to MLS for the money and nice retirement weather.

All I would say though is like in Russia these lads will only stay two seasons because thats all they need to in order to get rich, then it will be back to a recognised league. I really believe that
That won't happen if the Chinese clubs want to recoup the transfer fee, unless they only sign short contracts

So tevez on 615k a week, Oscar leaving in his "prime", Ronaldo offered NBA money to go east, how long till there's a serious player flow there, I remember back in the mid 90's people were astounded at Ravanelli earning 40k a week and saying that was unsustainable. Money Talks and moves people......

It is unsustainable. Or have you never watched a bacterial culture explode in a petri-dish? It's only a matter of the time-scale.

Last edited:
I've got no problem with him being honest and chasing the money but jesus christ... if he didn't go to China he would have been 'poor' when he is older?

the money he's earning in china opens up a whole load of possibilities that he otherwise wouldnt have had tbf. he would like have been on £150k p/w (50% tax) had he stayed in the uk. the money hes on in china means not only will he not go poor, but neither will his wider family, possibly for another generation too... also theres not enough cultural understanding from western fans about the level of poverty that some of these players have come from. they probably want to do everything to make sure they never fall back into those levels of depravity, and are willing to give up their chances of sporting success to do so

Back