• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Cheatski are still scum

Thought it might be an enforced pathway that turned out alright for them.

They've always had a stack of decent youth players.

Might now be wishful thinking that it is/was a handicap for them?

Without a doubt, and i think Frank is going to turn into a very good manager.

Thought it might be an enforced pathway that turned out alright for them.

They've always had a stack of decent youth players.

Might now be wishful thinking that it is/was a handicap for them?

I always thought as much, the only question was whether or not Lampard was up to the job.

So far seems to be working.

Questions now are, can they keep it up? Can Lampard manage the inevitable slump that comes with young players? Can he manage when the goals dry up? Or injuries mount up? And when they are allowed to spend - how will that work out?

Chelsea manager Frank Lampard is free to sign new players next month after the Court of Arbitration for Sport overturned the club's transfer ban.

The Blues were initially sanctioned by world governing body FIFA in February of this year.

Chelsea's appeal to the Court of Arbitration for Sport was heard last month, with the London outfit contesting FIFA's two-window ban relating to the signing of overseas youth players.

And the CAS announced on Friday that the Blues have had their two-window ban to one, which was served in the summer.

It means Lampard, whose Chelsea side sit fourth in the Premier League this season, will be able to splash the cash when the transfer window reopens in January.

FIFA had found the London club guilty of breaching article 19 of its regulations on the status and transfer of players (RSTP), which concerns the protection of minors.

They were also found to have breached article 18, concerning third-party influence.

Chelsea appealed to FIFA and the case was heard in April, but documents published by FIFA at the end of October showed its appeals committee found the Blues had committed 150 breaches of regulations.

The appeals committee agreed with the disciplinary committee that the breaches were “inexcusable”.

CAS were keen to confirm their verdict in time for the club to know whether they can be involved in the January 2020 transfer window.

Earlier this week, Blues boss Lampard revealed that a decision over their appeal was imminent.

When asked when he expects to discover the result of that appeal, Lampard, speaking ahead of Wednesday's 2-1 win over Aston Villa, replied: "Very soon I believe, days I think.

"I haven't heard any more, so I would wait and reserve judgement (on Chelsea's plans for January) until we get the judgement and see where we want to go from there."

Chelsea have thrived at the start of Lampard's reign despite being unable to sign any players in the summer due to the transfer embargo.

Lampard admitted keeping all his players happy remains one of his top challenges at Stamford Bridge, and his long-term planning is only complicated by the current transfer limbo.

Tammy Abraham's blistering Premier League start has eased the burden on Chelsea's youthful squad - and Lampard will now be boosted by the fact he can bolster his ranks.

But footballs not corrupt at all...

A least Chelsea actually had the summer ban before the ban was reduced. Didn't Barcelona get their ban suspended so they could stock up in the summer and then served a shorted ban (just January?)

A least Chelsea actually had the summer ban before the ban was reduced. Didn't Barcelona get their ban suspended so they could stock up in the summer and then served a shorted ban (just January?)

Did they now? Call me old fashioned, but a transfer ban would have meant they made no transfers. This whole "but they'd already agreed to sign those players" thing is akin to getting banned for drink driving but still being allowed to get behind the wheel for that lads weekend to Blackpool because you'd already made the plans....It doesn't make any sense.

It does look weak to rescind the ban but it's already irrelevant as it was my favourite buttplug already having already signed players. And on the other hand, the situation sadly played quite well for them as you can't help but think the players they have been "forced" to play have done well for them, as has a different approach.

January will be interesting for them. Personally I hope they'll re sign Diego Costa who will tear the squad apart inside out but I don't quite see it happening.

Back