• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Cheatski are still scum

Was he saving the more experienced players for the super cup or are they injured or does he think the kids are better?

Was he saving the more experienced players for the super cup or are they injured or does he think the kids are better?

If it was a proper club he would integrate the youth players over the course of the season, selling off the squad filler and then buying young hungry talented players.

This is a club who had Salah and De Bruyne and let them go.

hahaha, what a fudging disaster ..

Hopefully he and OGS can stumble along with the odd win here and there, just enough to keep them in job until at least half the season is done.

Can imagine the write ups if they win - ‘Lampard already has more trophies than Poch’

I thought they were the better side to be fair. First half they was making all the play, hit the woodwork twice and got into good positions. Obviously they fell apart second half but that happens.

What's gonna kill them is that Abraham is League 2 quality.

Didnt watch the game, so cant comment specifically, but I think Chelsea are an interesting prospect this season.

They have a decent team, mostly. A good manager could have them competing for the top 4. But, unless Abraham or Batshuayi find some unexpected form they are going to struggle for goals.

Decent enough defence, decent enough midfield, but what of the front line kind of thing?

Then there is the Lampard factor. He speaks well, but has proven nothing.

He did well at Derby, but that was with the caveat of "for a rookie manager". Not just "he outright did really well". It was obvious through the season he was tweaking and adjusting and trying to find something that worked, and whenever they looked like they were getting somewhere they faltered.

Set up positively but ultimately were reliant on a few players really having a breakout season.

I am far from convinced Lampard has the nous to really get this right at this time.

And as much as he has goodwill with the fans etc, Im also unconvinced he will have too long before the knives come out.

At a point where Utd and Arsenal are there to be taken, patience will be wearing thin if they dont start making progress.

Didnt watch the game, so cant comment specifically, but I think Chelsea are an interesting prospect this season.

They have a decent team, mostly. A good manager could have them competing for the top 4. But, unless Abraham or Batshuayi find some unexpected form they are going to struggle for goals.

Decent enough defence, decent enough midfield, but what of the front line kind of thing?

Then there is the Lampard factor. He speaks well, but has proven nothing.

He did well at Derby, but that was with the caveat of "for a rookie manager". Not just "he outright did really well". It was obvious through the season he was tweaking and adjusting and trying to find something that worked, and whenever they looked like they were getting somewhere they faltered.

Set up positively but ultimately were reliant on a few players really having a breakout season.

I am far from convinced Lampard has the nous to really get this right at this time.

And as much as he has goodwill with the fans etc, Im also unconvinced he will have too long before the knives come out.

At a point where Utd and Arsenal are there to be taken, patience will be wearing thin if they dont start making progress.
Lampard doesn't have to succeed, he's on the gravy train now. He and the likes of Bruce, Pardew, etc will continue to get jobs as managers until they decide to go and be out of their depth in front of the MotD cameras for a while.

Lampard doesn't have to succeed, he's on the gravy train now. He and the likes of Bruce, Pardew, etc will continue to get jobs as managers until they decide to go and be out of their depth in front of the MotD cameras for a while.

Of course, I said as much when people questioned him taking the job - its a no lose situation as he is guaranteed premiership work for the next few years regardless...

I thought they were the better side to be fair. First half they was making all the play, hit the woodwork twice and got into good positions. Obviously they fell apart second half but that happens.

What's gonna kill them is that Abraham is League 2 quality.

Agreed.

If Zouma wasn’t so clumsy or Kanté was match fit and protecting their back line then I doubt ManUre would’ve even scored but Chavski handed them those goals on a plate, reminded me of watching Spurs sides in the 1990s!

Back