• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Cheatski are still scum

Still vividly recall John Motson giving this description to a mazy run by Zola: "Ohhh, Zola! The toes were twinkling!"

Used that many times in my days coaching. The only good thing I can think of that Chelsea have given modern football.

CHELSEA 'SET TO APPOINT SARRI'

Chelsea are set to appoint Maurizio Sarri as their new boss with Gianfranco Zola as his No 2 after they reached a £9.5m agreement for Antonio Conte and his staff, according to the Daily Mail.

Sarri and Zola are expected to form the new-look management team with Conte expected to depart Stamford Bridge after two seasons.

Napoli are reported to want £3.5m in compensation for Sarri, who is still tied to the club despite the appointment of Carlo Ancelotti as his successor.

Lawyers are understood to have been trying to argue a constructive dismissal case following Ancelotti's arrival.

Thats a lot to pay out for a club that seem to be tightening the purse strings - will it impact their summer transfers?

CHELSEA 'SET TO APPOINT SARRI'

Chelsea are set to appoint Maurizio Sarri as their new boss with Gianfranco Zola as his No 2 after they reached a £9.5m agreement for Antonio Conte and his staff, according to the Daily Mail.

Sarri and Zola are expected to form the new-look management team with Conte expected to depart Stamford Bridge after two seasons.

Napoli are reported to want £3.5m in compensation for Sarri, who is still tied to the club despite the appointment of Carlo Ancelotti as his successor.

Lawyers are understood to have been trying to argue a constructive dismissal case following Ancelotti's arrival.

Thats a lot to pay out for a club that seem to be tightening the purse strings - will it impact their summer transfers?
£13m just to change manager...jeez

And they'll probably be doing it again in 12/24 months

They screwed him on targets, he didnt like it - clearly they wanted him out but he just dug his heels in. I kind of appreciate that!

He didn't get unlimited funds and decided to sulk and moan. It seemed to me like his targets were extremely expensive and reaching the end of their careers. The strategy Chelsea went for instead wasn't any good, but more clubs should stand up to their managers on how money is spent.

He didn't get unlimited funds and decided to sulk and moan. It seemed to me like his targets were extremely expensive and reaching the end of their careers. The strategy Chelsea went for instead wasn't any good, but more clubs should stand up to their managers on how money is spent.

I do agree with this, there are a few clubs out there who wished they had when " rent a quote" was their manager.

Back