• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Cheatski are still scum

There was a spot fixing incident a few years ago when people were betting on who would give away the first throw in.

Here it also goes beyond Chelsea making the decision to substitute Terry, they got the other team to go along with it.

I doubt there is any foul play, but this was incredibly stupid*. The number of people who knew means word could have got out to someone willing to have a bet. If someone somewhere had a bet on it, it could get embarrassing.

* A fitting send-off for Terry.

No idea if true or not but :

More like "fans" bitching about a rival.........petty
There should not be any possibility of manipulating a game before hand for your own ends. Additionally as this was not made public it could also potentially rig the betting market if the news got out. It can bring the game into disrepute. Even most neutral pundits are non plussed. I am not suggesting a points deduction but they should be fined and warned. I am sure we wouldn't get away with it and rightly so.

If we did this with say Ledley would we care what others said especially Chelsea!
Their within their rights to do what they like with their players, as we did with our goodbye to WHL etc.....

Lets not be so churlish.

Mate, it's completely different to our WHL send off! We didn't stop the match, it was basically just a huge lap of appreciation that every team does.

We didn't do this for ledley because, well, it probably never crossed anyone's mind to do something so stupid/sychophantic/narcissistic/etc.etc.! The ego on this bloke to ask to be substituted in the 26th minute and get a guard of honor, what must go through his head?!?!

Also Sunderland and Moyes should hang their heads in shame.

I've only seen a very small clip and on my phone but it looked like Costa forced the Sunderland goalie to kick it out.

Im sorry but this is not something you can just say "this was a nothing game so its ok" its not ok to manipulate a game at the top level at sport to celebrate a player that represents a tiny % of the sport as a whole.

This is where the league is fudged because of inconsistency, now anyone else can ask for such and expect to be allowed because what they did for Terry and if they decline you can cause a stink, thats why crap like this should not be allowed.

I was not aware of the whole betting/manipulation side of this. Apologies!

Just thought it was a fan whinge thread, Chelsea are bad we are great!
I find them quite demeaning!

Someone won £3.5k!!!

Stupid or what......

Surely any game on which odds are offered is not a nothing game. Otherwise why do far eastern betting syndicates get involved in lower league games?

The FA have got to say something about this. I have never heard of a team stopping a game to pay tribute to a player.

I think Drogba went off after half an hour as he wasn't fit, rather than going off on 37 minutes, but a similar incident

Drogba, 37, who announced before kick-off he was leaving Chelsea but wanted to carry on playing for one more year, was also carried off shoulder high by his team mates after being substituted after just half an hour.

Chelsea striker Drogba, who was toasting his fourth Premier League title with the club, said: “You can’t do better than winning the Champions League final but today is also a special one. Fourth league in nine years at Chelsea, it is a great, great club.

Drogba admitted that being carried off shoulder high by his team mates was a memorable moment and he claims the latest title was as good as anything they had won previously.

“(To be) number one Premier League team from day one, that’s special,” said Drogba.

“JT (John Terry) just decided to lift me up and carry me off the pitch. It was an emotional moment, really emotional.”

that was opportunistic rather than premeditated

chelsea and sunderland agreed pre ko that sunderland would concede a throw in the 26th min

I assume only the PL can deduct points.

If they wanted to send a message they could deduct 3 points from both clubs. It wouldn't change anything this season, but the sanction would be set for future offenders.

That club is rotten to the core, I also find it very odd that they get permission to build a new stadium without any objections in an area as rich as Knightsbridge and Chelsea.

I believe numerous buff envelopes have been delivered by Registered Post.

royal-mail-postman-pushes-trolley-delivering-royal-mailchelsea-AMYW9T.jpg

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896...adium-director-has-cheeky-dig-at-tottenham-in
Hugh Rosen is leading the development on behalf of Roman Abramovich...

"To be fair to Tottenham, they are not just looking for football," Rosen said. "They are looking for American Football, looking at rugby and as far as I am concerned if they can't win at football they are welcome to try any other sport they like.

"For us, Roman [Abramovich] gave us one brief, the whole stadium, the billion pounds or whatever it is going to cost is about winning football matches."
So that will take Abramovich's spending to over £4billion on buying bling for the Russian lottery winners :rolleyes:

player%20expenditure%202000%202016%20mkii_zpswkehdbek.png

Back