• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Charitable Donations

markysimmo

Johnny nice-tits
This country never fails to amaze me with their generosity, Brtions have always dug deep to help others

Red Nose Day 2017 raises £71m for Comic Relief

We do but why are we still in a position of poverty in other countries and even this country? Why are there places where children can't drink clean water?

It baffles me why there is still this kind of thing happening in 2017.

We do but why are we still in a position of poverty in other countries and even this country? Why are there places where children can't drink clean water?

It baffles me why there is still this kind of thing happening in 2017.

Because countries like South Sudan with a population of 12m has an army of 210,000 and Britain with a population of 65m has an army of about 160,000, where do you think the money goes?

Serious question, does the money filter through?

I mean one year you see a village in need of water and we are told the money raised gets water to such causes, but does it?

Is there a line of proof of where this money goes and w projects it supports? For 100m I cant help think there should be more good new stories for where the money has gone

Serious question, does the money filter through?

I mean one year you see a village in need of water and we are told the money raised gets water to such causes, but does it?

Is there a line of proof of where this money goes and w projects it supports? For 100m I cant help think there should be more good new stories for where the money has gone
I think it's a bit of a balance - what proportion of the money raised do you spend promoting the good work?

Maybe it's blind faith, but i think the reputation of comic relief and children in need is so strong that the assumption it makes a significant difference is true and if it wasn't someone would have done an exposé by now.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

I think it's a bit of a balance - what proportion of the money raised do you spend promoting the good work?

Maybe it's blind faith, but i think the reputation of comic relief and children in need is so strong that the assumption it makes a significant difference is true and if it wasn't someone would have done an exposé by now.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Yeh and I am not seriously doubting it just that I didn't know there was a commission that tracked it.

Dont really trust charities anymore. Personally i give to The RSPCA and Dogs for the blind. Wondering what percentage goes to the charity and not just to pay staff.

Look at cancer charities, they raise millions of pounds a year for studies, yet when they do find a breakthrough its too expensive to roll out and people are having to either spend thousands of pounds or go abroad

Dont really trust charities anymore. Personally i give to The RSPCA and Dogs for the blind. Wondering what percentage goes to the charity and not just to pay staff.

Look at cancer charities, they raise millions of pounds a year for studies, yet when they do find a breakthrough its too expensive to roll out and people are having to either spend thousands of pounds or go abroad
http://www.givewell.org

I don't like the way charities target old people, a lady I worked with found out her mum (83) was giving over £30 a week to a charity.

I gave $2400 to charity last year, did nothing like that when I was living in Blighty, every cent I donate here is tax deductible, thank GHod for the tax system here, best incentive to be a good citizen there is.

Back