• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

"Champions of 3rd place, we know what we are"

No worries, Real will beat Lollerpool. And even if we end up in pot 3, does it really matter? I'd love another group like we had this year. The better the teams we play in the group stage the more experience we gain playing top sides, which would bode well in the knockout stage.
I think Liverpool will beat them, and not because of this:

1981 Liverpool won CL, English prince gets married, Pope dies

2005 Liverpool won CL, English prince gets married, Pope dies

2018 Liverpool in CL final, English prince getting married, Pope soiling himself

If Marseille win the EL, they would qualify for CL group stage. As it currently stands they'd be in Pot 4, Monaco would be moved to the qualifying rounds and PSV would move up to Pot 3.
Scrap that - UEFA have changed the seeding rules. EL titleholder now gets an automatic place in Pot 1.
So below are the pots assuming Atlético win. If Marseille win they will be in Pot 1 and, as it currently stands, Monaco would move to the qualifying rounds, Atlético would move to Pot 2 and we'd move to Pot 3.

CL2018-19.PNG

2018 Liverpool in CL final, English prince getting married, Pope soiling himself

Sure it’s the prince of wales though

We played like we wanted it for much of the game.

Good comeback from 3-1 down and good to finish on a win. To have lost the last two games would have been a very disappointing end to the season.

What with playing at Wembley I didn't expect to make top four so pleased with 3rd. We also showed some good mettle at critical times. We were slipping adrift but got wins over Arsenal, United and the draw at Anfield. And then again the win at Stamford Bridge, the last of outr long losing streaks put to rest.

A weird last game, as they often are, but a great result to finish in the Top 3 for 3 seasons running. Long may it continue! Hopefully we'll get a first place finish at some point, surely we are due one!

So if Liverpool win, the pope should be very, very worried?

Scrap that - UEFA have changed the seeding rules. EL titleholder now gets an automatic place in Pot 1.
So below are the pots assuming Atlético win. If Marseille win they will be in Pot 1 and, as it currently stands, Monaco would move to the qualifying rounds, Atlético would move to Pot 2 and we'd move to Pot 3.

View attachment 4478

Even more reason to hope Sporting finish 2nd and Benfica drop out..though Sporting are drawing with 30 mins left and given Benfica are ahead, need to find a goal to make the CL

Even more reason to hope Sporting finish 2nd and Benfica drop out..though Sporting are drawing with 30 mins left and given Benfica are ahead, need to find a goal to make the CL
As long as Benfica lead, it doesn't matter what Sporting do, as their GD is far worse. Or is it decided on how they fared vs each other?

The pope didn’t die in 1981...

Back