• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Champions League 2019/20

looking at pot 1, there is nothing to worry about this year, it will be our "easiest" CL group ever

I'm putting money on 4th place and zero points

I tend to think that the strength of a CL Group is more often dicated by which 3rd seed you pick out. The first seed is pretty much always going to be a big, glamour tie (bar Zenit). re third seeds, looks like we could get Inter or Leverkusen on one hand, or equally get someone like Genk

Exactly. You expect the first pot to be a tough opponent and the teams from the top two pots should be favourites to progess. It's the third and fourth pots that make up a group of death. You usually get several good sides in pot three.

A good draw is a glamour tie against a top side and a couple of visits to relatively weak teams in nice cities.

Group A

PSG, Real Madrid, Club Brugge, Galatasaray

Group B

Bayern, Tottenham, Olympiakos, Crvena Zvezda

Group C

Emirates Marketing Project, Shaktar, Dinamo Zagreb, Atalanta

Group D

Juventus, Atletico Madrid, Bayer Leverkusen, Lokomotiv Moscow

Group E

Liverpool, Napoli, Red Bull Salzburg, Genk

Group F

Barcelona, Dortmund, Inter, Slavia Praha

Group G

Zenit, Benfica, Lyon, Red Bull Leipzig

Group H

Chelsea, Ajax, Valencia, Lille

City and Liverpool lucky. I was thinking Salzburg and Genk for the easiest draw. Tricky one for Chelsea. That balanced group reminds me of the one we embarrassed ourselves in.

Group A

PSG, Real Madrid, Club Brugge, Galatasaray

Group B

Bayern, Tottenham, Olympiakos, Crvena Zvezda

Group C

Emirates Marketing Project, Shaktar, Dinamo Zagreb, Atalanta

Group D

Juventus, Atletico Madrid, Bayer Leverkusen, Lokomotiv Moscow

Group E

Liverpool, Napoli, Red Bull Salzburg, Genk

Group F

Barcelona, Dortmund, Inter, Slavia Praha

Group G

Zenit, Benfica, Lyon, Red Bull Leipzig

Group H

Chelsea, Ajax, Valencia, Lille
What groups did Arsenal and Manchester United get???

City and Liverpool lucky. I was thinking Salzburg and Genk for the easiest draw. Tricky one for Chelsea. That balanced group reminds me of the one we embarrassed ourselves in.

City and Liverpool thrown into the Last 16. Did I expect anything less...not really

Like our Group, couple of 'old school' Euro opponents as I call them, in Bayern and Red Star. Could have been a lot worse

Ref spends 2 minutes talking to Ter Stegen about him only being allowed to move along the goal line. Then saves the pen while being 2 meters out from the goal before the kick.
No reaction from ref or VAR.
Incredible, or rather ridiculous!

Back