• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Champions League 2019/20

I can’t believe a team with that much money, with any money, has Adrian in their squad, what have they got about signing brick keepers, even in our glass house, I can throw stones, he is so bad.

While the goalkeeper made a difference (didn't quite do a Karius), I think the blame on him is deflection from the fact that over the two legs Atleti walked through their defense repeatedly.

City - Real return leg postponed and la liga suspended for two weeks after a player on Real's basket team tests positive.

If I am right, and the season is declared null and void (with next season essentially being a reset of this season) then we are back in the CL and there is an enormous bolt of fortune received. Would Mourinho and the squad get CL qualification bonuses???
Mental. All of it.

If I am right, and the season is declared null and void (with next season essentially being a reset of this season) then we are back in the CL and there is an enormous bolt of fortune received. Would Mourinho and the squad get CL qualification bonuses???
Mental. All of it.
Well the last time Mourinho picked up CL his Inter side were helped by a volcanic eruption, so perhaps lightning will strike twice for The Special One!!

I wonder if it starts over with the same teams qualified, would they make a new draw, or go with the same groups?

I wonder if it starts over with the same teams qualified, would they make a new draw, or go with the same groups?

An alternative would be to expand the CL to include all teams that qualified last year, and all teams currently in CL qualification spots as well as those with a theoretical chance of qualifying. With extra qualifying rounds before the group stages.

It will be hugely impractical of course, and would include a brickload of extra games in an already messed up schedule, so I doubt this is a viable alternative.

Problem is that when it comes to deciding who qualified if the season gets aborted, you can’t overlook teams with a theoretical chance of qualifying. That's a can of worms I'm sure the FA/PL doesn’t want to open.

I have a feeling the big dilemma here if the season is called off, is to find a way to award Liverpool the PL title because they've practically won it already, while not applying a similar principle to any of the other teams.

An expanded "champions league" could just be a knock-out tournament. The group stages take 96 games to reduce the 32 teams to 16. The six matchdays could be used for three two-leg knock-out rounds reducing the 128 teams to 16.

Back