• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Champions League 2018/19

I’m saying this through absolutely gritted teeth but you do have to give the clams credit. 3 down to a good Barca team, Salah and Firmino out and they hockey Barca 4-0. That’s phenomenal.

But fudge me. If we did what Barca did, we’d be destroyed in the media. What the fudge were they thinking?

I want a win tomorrow more than anything now. I know the Dippers look good. They played us off the park at Wembley. But at their place, we have been better than them the last two years particularly second half. A couple of weeks rest, Harry up and running. We could fudging do it.

I’m saying this through absolutely gritted teeth but you do have to give the clams credit. 3 down to a good Barca team, Ham Salad and Firmino out and they hockey Barca 4-0. That’s phenomenal.

But fudge me. If we did what Barca did, we’d be destroyed in the media. What the fudge were they thinking?

I want a win tomorrow more than anything now. I know the Dippers look good. They played us off the park at Wembley. But at their place, we have been better than them the last two years particularly second half. A couple of weeks rest, Harry up and running. We could fudging do it.

Yeah you do have to give it to Liverpool and Klopp. They have spent a ton of cash but, us excluded, so have teams below them.

No one expected that.

Talk about catch 22, I want nothing more from football than to see Spurs win a (well, 14 actually) European Cup, it is the pinnacle of the sport, you are not a proper football club until you have one.

On the flip side of that, losing a European Cup final to the organisation I detest more than any other, that would break me.

Really annoyed Barcelona lost to Liverpool despite leading 3-0 from the first leg but not really surprised. Champions League semi finals are to Barcelona what FA Cup semi finals are to Spurs : jinxed ! Barcelona have lost 7 CL semi finals now while Spurs have lost their last 8 FA Cup semi finals ! Also, a 3-0 lead is no longer impossible to overturn nowadays. Some 20 or 30 years ago, when defence were key, it would have been impossible but no longer so. Nowadays, with kamikaze defending, you need to have at least a 5-0 lead to be sure of winning !

Too bad Barcelona went to sleep in the 2nd leg. Can never accept an English team other than Spurs winning in Europe. Always have soft spot for Barcelona for beating Arsenal and ManU(twice) in the CL finals.

I disagree but in your defence we did give Liverpool two very close games both of which could and should have been draws.
Just feel like they are getting better and better.
I understand, but my thinking is - If Barca got to the final Messi is 99.9% guaranteed to turn up. That’s his stage, and there is nothing we would be able to do to stop him if he has one of those nights . Salah,Mane are great but they’re not Messi great. Our games with Liverpool in Poch/Klopp era have been close in result and performance usually. Just look at the last game at Anfield. Whereas we were nowhere near Barca at Wembley, the game at the Nou Camp is pretty irrelevant as they’d already qualified and the team they put out was unrecognisable. Either team would have been tough, but I trust Poch to get it tactically right against Liverpool were we to get to the final. Anyway, enough fantasising about finals - let’s just hope Poch gets it right tonight....

Could drive to Portsmouth and get an overnight ferry to San Sabastian. Or even a train with a stop off in the south of France. If we get to the final...will...find...a...way.
You're probably better off with a flight to Biarritz, which is only about an hour from San Sebastian by train - you can hop from there to Madrid on about a 30min flight.

I mentioned in the transfer thread that we should have gone in for Shaqiri. Talent.

I really hope we best Ajax so we can face Liverpool in the final. Spurs in a final - oh what a night!!
If Barca were at all interested in winning last night, SpongeBob would have given away 3 goals with his sloppy possession.

I’ve given Pep a lot of brick for never winning a CL without Messi, but has Messi won one without Xavi?

Pretty much. They won in 2015 and Xavi was used as a late sub in the final (they were 2-0 up and Xavi came on for the last 10 mins). They used Rakitic and Iniesta with Busquets. But they basically won it due to the forward line of Messi, Suarez and Neymar.

I think people saying they couldn’t think of a worse team to lose to in the final clearly haven’t met any arsenal, Chelsea or West Ham fans. Just pop along down to the Olympic stadium on a match day with a spurs shirt on and see what reception you get. I’ve never met an arsenal fan in my life who has given us credit for anything, they are the most arrogant fans in English football. And Chelsea are anti Semitic, fascist arseholes.

I’d rather lose 20 finals to Liverpool than one to arsenal.

I think people saying they couldn’t think of a worse team to lose to in the final clearly haven’t met any arsenal, Chelsea or West Ham fans. Just pop along down to the Olympic stadium on a match day with a spurs shirt on and see what reception you get. I’ve never met an arsenal fan in my life who has given us credit for anything, they are the most arrogant fans in English football. And Chelsea are anti Semitic, fascist arseholes.

I’d rather lose 20 finals to Liverpool than one to arsenal.
Arsenal fans didn't get us banned from Europe, arsenal fans didn't make us sit down at matches, arsenal fans didn't kill a bunch of Juve fans, arsenal fans didn't support Suarez the racist or Salah the anti-semite.

I hate arsenal with a passion because they're fat, ginger Islington clams, but let's not pretend they've done nearly as much damage to the world of football that the victims have.

We're thinking about flying into Barcelona, 2 days there then fly into Madrid on the day of the game

Yep there’s a few different options route wise. But the hotel prices in Madrid have gone off the scale. I’m hoping (if we go through) that those that are left will have to drop again after the initial booking frenzy.

Arsenal fans didn't get us banned from Europe, arsenal fans didn't make us sit down at matches, arsenal fans didn't kill a bunch of Juve fans, arsenal fans didn't support Suarez the racist or Ham Salad the anti-semite.

I hate arsenal with a passion because they're fat, ginger Islington clams, but let's not pretend they've done nearly as much damage to the world of football that the victims have.

I hated Liverpool when Dalgleish was their manager and when Suarez played for them. I don’t hate them now but I don’t like them, having said that I can appreciate the football the play and they’ve done well to push Emirates Marketing Project as hard as they have.

They back their players (sometimes when they shouldn’t) and go too far on occasion but they defend their players like any other club would. If Bale, Kane, Alli or Son had played for Liverpool I seriously doubt people would defend/excuse their diving.

Not arguing they haven’t done football a disservice with the behaviour of their fans sometimes but we’ve been far more directly affected by arsenal, Chelsea and West Ham over the years, losing finals, denying us CL places, stopping us winning titles etc. And tbh most of the Liverpool fans I know whilst incredibly annoying and deluded don’t bother or give me as much fans of our proper rivals do. I’m not an Everton fan so I don’t get too bothered when Liverpool win a game or a trophy.

I hated Liverpool when Dalgleish was their manager and when Suarez played for them. I don’t hate them now but I don’t like them, having said that I can appreciate the football the play and they’ve done well to push Emirates Marketing Project as hard as they have.

They back their players (sometimes when they shouldn’t) and go too far on occasion but they defend their players like any other club would. If Bale, Kane, Alli or Son had played for Liverpool I seriously doubt people would defend/excuse their diving.

Not arguing they haven’t done football a disservice with the behaviour of their fans sometimes but we’ve been far more directly affected by arsenal, Chelsea and West Ham over the years, losing finals, denying us CL places, stopping us winning titles etc. And tbh most of the Liverpool fans I know whilst incredibly annoying and deluded don’t bother or give me as much fans of our proper rivals do. I’m not an Everton fan so I don’t get too bothered when Liverpool win a game or a trophy.
They do stop us winning stuff and we stop them - it's a healthy rivalry and that's what we're supposed to do. West Ham are supposed to pick a team more suited to their scale for their rivalry - like Charlton or Leyton Orient, but it's all the same thing. And just as they love stopping us, we love stopping them - that's what makes football great.

Pushing walls onto other fans, bitching about standing at matches just to get attention (despite it having nothing to do with safety), supporting racists and anti-semites - that's not football. That's not something we would do in return and it's not something Arsenal would do either. Chelsea are racist clams and West Ham are irrelevant racist clams, but Liverpool have a cult of defending terrible people.

Worse than all of that, Steven Gerrard punched someone because they wouldn't play Phil Collins. Just let that sink in for a while.

Last edited:
Back